RICH KIDS HAVING FUN ?

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Sometime Saturday morning the TV was on a sports channel,most likely ESPN or Speed. I wasnt in the bedroom watching but rather in the adjoining room taking care of business ---- WHEN --- I heard a voice (a female no less) say that Nascar is a bunch of rich kids having fun. This had the rest on the panel chime in saying that there was no comparison between Nascar and real sports like stick and ball games.

It seemed they singled Jimmie Johnson saying he was playing with another's fortune. Guess he was referring to Rick Hendricks. Another voiced that the scuffles were preplanned.

After the short debate they moved on to other real sports,as they described it.

Point being is if a young or new possible fan heard that short description of racing what would they think. True there is no comparison in sports which do not use a stick or ball I dont think you have to be a rich kid to partake in Racing or even baseball.

Babe Ruth came from an orphanage look where he ended up and Wendell Scott started with nothing and raced with below means until the latter part of his super-speedway career.

To play ball you have to almost have to have played in College, thats not cheap by no means but a few have did it

With point being made how did the dialogue get past the sensors without a disclaimer, or maybe this is the new belief

Did anyone else hear this or was it like water on a Ducks back....??

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Johnny, I didn't hear that particular diatribe you describe but I did hear a discussion after the truck race Friday night because I left the television on that channel while I wrote a few notes. I don't know, nor do I recall, any of the participants but there was a woman, an African-American ball player, probably football or basketball, and two younger guys. The African-American went off on Jimmie Johnson and racing, saying repeatedly that Johnson is NOT an athlete. It was only through word twisting that he finally agreed that racing was a "sport". I long ago gave up fighting that battle. Look at football, basketball, and baseball and look at what you have. It is, to me, disgusting and to listen to someone like that guy running his mouth was not very well received in my house.

As for rich kids playing with other peoples' money, the college athletes in the three major stick and ball sports, for the most part, are playing with University scholarships to advance their worth in the major team drafts at the end of their collegiate career. You can tell by the interviews of most of them exactly how much "education" they received. Review some of the reports that have recently revealed the special courses allowed for college athletes. I'm not going to start a war by naming them here, but the information is readily available on line.

Whether or not the stick and ball folks want to recognize drivers and athletes and racing as a sport matter not at all to me. What I think of their sports doesn't rank very highly either so we will have to agree to disagree. I do agree, and emphasize the NASCAR has problems but those problems could be resolved by certain changes in management.

Ok, enough said.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Ok and for the record Rutledge just interviewed JimmIE and kinda hit on this ---A N D ___ he proclaimed that Indeedv JimmIE was an athlete,said he could run a 6 minute mile. That aint to shabby now............................................................. memories

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Max, you up on the wheel today,you found it way to go ha ha that big dummy was not even in the stadium with his stupid or maybe his total lack of knowledge of what he is discussing

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Yessir... former Eagles and Redskins fat boy QB and Campbell's Chunky Soup spokesman, Donovan McNabb managed to do what even DW couldn't... tick off every race fan in the country and earn an invitation from Jeff Gordon to "take a ride!"

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

One thing we do know for sure... that's how former NFL quarterbacks have fared in NASCAR:

Waiting for former Super Bowl winning coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs to weigh in. Remind me again how many Super Bowls Roly-Poly McNabb won.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

You can bet that smart a** isn't about to get in a race car. I wonder if he even drives a street car? Doesn't seem smart enough to find the ignition.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.