Prayers for Frances Flock please

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Robin Agner called me this evening to let me know Frances Flock was hospitalized with a brain aneurism today. From what I understand, and this is confusing to me, the hospital has sent her home because "there is nothing they can do". I am following the posts from Frances' granddaughter's page for updates but nothing has been posted for a couple hours now.

I think anyone who ever met Frances knows of her love for racing and especially her love for her husband, Tim. She worked hard to see him inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame and the smile she had on her face the night of the ceremony was as bright as a full moon on a cloudless night.

Please keep Frances, and the entire Flock family in your prayers.

Thank you.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Oh my.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
10 years ago
169 posts

Prayers for Francis, her family and her many friends. One fine lady!

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

A few friends have had relatives who suffered an aneurysm - and its not fun. Lots of times, well...

One exception is a bud I met on-line who was an old school Petty fan who made the transition to being a fan of John Andretti in his days as a driver of the 43. Right during the heart of our posting on an "AndPetti" message board as it was called, his wife posted that he'd suffered an aneurysm. Dropped him. Remarkably, however, he was able to slowly but surely recover from it. We've lost touch in recent years as the time has lengthened since Andretti's days with Petty Enterprises. But the point is, he DID bounce back from his deal. Here's hoping Mrs. Flock can do the same.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

My thoughts are with everyone this evening.

Please update uswhen possible.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

constant thoughts and prayers for a fine lady. Hope she can pull thru this..

Charles Craig
@charles-craig
10 years ago
57 posts

She is just as great a lady in person as she was on the awards ceremony. She is a big supporter of my charity cruise in and racing reunion every October. Get well soon and we hope to see her this October 12th.

ray lamm
@ray-lamm
10 years ago
214 posts

france is one sweet lady.alway love seeing her at the events.prayers are to her and her family at this time.love you france.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Latest news is that Frances asked to go home and be with her family. She also said, I am told, that she is looking forward to being reunited with her "hunnie". Of course we all know her "Hunnie" is Tim Flock. As TMC Chase states, folks recover from these events sometimes and as strong a woman as Frances is, she could well do this as well.

There are many stories of Frances I can tell from our encounters over the past six years and every one of those only will serve to further to comments already made. A lady of grace she is. I'll post information as it is made known to me.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Thoughts and prayers for Frances.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Russell Rector
@russell-rector
10 years ago
80 posts

Our prayers go out to the entire Flock family.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

Prayers or sent plese keep us updated

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

UPDATE: March 7, 2014 @ 9:00 a.m. I exchanged chat with the granddaughter, Carrie, last night about 10:00 p.m. In short, Frances is home and is doing quite well in spite of the medical issue. I asked if it would be ok for me to call Frances and was told it was absolutely ok. So, later today I'll talk with Frances personally and post a status later. Keep up the praying, folks, it works.

--

Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Thank you, Tim!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

UPDATE: March 7, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. I just got off the phone with Frances. She was busy baking a cake so we were only on the phone for like 10 minutes maybe. As always, since the first time I met the lady, she is full of life, as bubbly as can be, and just full of compliments. About her only handicap at the moment is that she has been asked, by the doctors, not to drive. When I exclaimed to her "wow the roads around there will be safe" she laughed so hard I thought the cake would "fall". Do cakes still fall? Any way, Frances and I promised to stay in touch every couple of days. She has doctors' appointments next week and, with a little luck from the medical profession, she will know some more.

Keep Frances and the Flock family in your prayers. She is a fine ambassador for the history of the sport and a wonderful human being.

--

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

what a great report Tim. Lets hope and pray she continues to get better each day. What a classy Lady.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Wonderful news! Thanks for the update.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

Wow, only a few weeks after the Hall of Fame Ceremony.

I'm glad she's doing okay :)