March 16, 1969 - BULLDOG 200

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

March 16, 1969 400 lap Grand Touring race at Jefco Speedway in Jefferson, Ga..

Billy Yuma Camaro

C.B. Gwyn Cougar

updated by @dennis-andrews: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Dennis... interesting to see the writer put a SSS price tag on Gene White's ex-Smokey ride with Pete. Were they really running mag wheels as the article states? I got to sse that Camaro blister the field later in the summer of 1969 at South Boston.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Partial results from Ultimate Racing History:

--
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

Dave, Early on they allowed cars to run the same mag. wheels that the Trans-Am cars ran. You will see pictures of early Daytona races where the field was mixed with T-A and GT cars that ran steel wheels. As 1969 went on all the cars ran steel wheels.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Great report Dennis and I love the photos. I am so happy you are doing this for the site. You are most welcomed to entitle these as "Racing History Minutes" so Google will pick them up that way. After all, it IS racing history and you're doing an awesome job. Thank you.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks, Dennis.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Amen to that thought, Tim. Really looking forward to more GT/Grand Am reports from Dennis. I saw 3 races - one in '68 at Richmond, one in '69 at South Boston and one in '70 at Raleigh - 2 dirt, 1 asphalt. Enjoyed them alll.

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
6 years ago
4,073 posts

Jefco bump

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.