Mr Parks

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Well my dream of him being able to set and enjoy being inducted in the Hall of Fame has gone to past, Now I only hope we can assure his name will at least honored at the next meeting.Photos are great to remember him by but memories of Raymond Parks in the 50's is priceless, Those I have and will never loose. The second best is I guess a photo I have of Mr Parks and Tommie Clinard together taken just last month.One thing is for certain there is a beautiful party happening now at the big track in the sky, Listen-------------------can you hear them???
updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Ricky J. Coody
@ricky-j-coody
14 years ago
16 posts
Harold Kinder with the green flag in hand, Big Bill ready to tap him on the shoulder for the start,Bill Jr. in the press box takin' care of bussiness, Fireball, Joe, Tim and Jocko, LeRoy, Sam,Red, Davey, ect....., lined up for the start behind Elmo in the pace car, and all the greats on pit road!!! I can see it ,hear it, smell it, and feel it!! God speed Mr. Parks and THANK YOU! Rick
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
14 years ago
589 posts
Ya know Johnny, I really think he has a good chance of getting in this year. We've got a petition, tv recognition for him, and David Pearson said on Fox News last month that if his name gets picked, but not Raymond's, he'll take his name off the ballot!
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Cody I met Mr Parks when I was 11 years old. He was at the track with his cars and my father was there also with his two cars. How I know and remember him was the way he talked to me about the way I minded my dad at the track,especially around cars. He and my dad evidently knew each other prior to that meeting because of the way they talked to each other and the one other time I remember seeing him was

at the shop in Macon Ga on Broadway where dads cars were kept. Cody Dinsmore said:
Ya know Johnny, I really think he has a good chance of getting in this year. We've got a petition, tv recognition for him, and David Pearson said on Fox News last month that if his name gets picked, but not Raymond's, he'll take his name off the ballot!
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
Him and his drivers are back together and enjoying Big Bills company. Wish he could have be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. before he died . He may be gone but his memory lives let's get Mr. Raymond into the Hall Of Fame.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
I have been working diligently at that with the petition on Racers Reunion, All it takes is enough signatures and to have it presented appropriately, and I think Jeff Gilder has that ability to accomplish it with due respect. Harvey Tollison said:
Him and his drivers are back together and enjoying Big Bills company. Wish he could have be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. before he died . He may be gone but his memory lives let's get Mr. Raymond into the Hall Of Fame.