Reid Shaw

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

I am sad to report that Racers Reunion member and Gentleman Racer Reid Shaw has passed away.

Reid was at the first Southern 500 at Darlington with Buck Baker and was involved in racing for many years.

Reid owned cars that competed and won in Grand National, Late Model Sportsman, Grand Touring, Grand American and Grand National East. I'm sure there are more but I know these guys drove for Reid; Johnny Allen, Cale Yarborough, Darel Dieringer, Buren Skeen, Bryant Wallace, Boyd Adams, Tiny Lund, Wayne Andrews, Max Berrier and Mickey York.

Reid began helping dad with his late model dirt car in 1968. In 1969 they ran a Late Model Sportsman car and later that year the Grand Touring division with a couple of Bud Moore Cougars. They ran the Cougars in 1970 in Grand American and a Mustang in GA in 1971.

Please remember the Shaw family during this time.

updated by @dennis-andrews: 09/10/18 07:18:59PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

Always a sad time when we lose those we respect and love. May he rest in peace.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Thanks, Dennis, for posting this. I encountered Reid a couple of times over the years but it was no more than two ships passing in the night so I can't say I knew him. But I certainly knew who he was. I am sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. God bless.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Randy Myers3
@randy-myers3
10 years ago
23 posts

Reid was a special guy. And those oldCougars helped start or continue several careers along the way. He will be missed.

--
Randy Myers
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Thoughts and prayers to family / friends.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

Billy, Reid once sold a Phaeton to buy a new race engine when they had run out of enough pieces to put one together. I think it was a 1935.