HE PLAYED TO A FULL HOUSE TONITE

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Well he did---- the lady in black held a full house tonite and let the boys and girl entertain all who was watching. Even let them rub her walls a little and then mark her pavement with those slides and spins.

But in the end Happy made that blonde setting on the war wagon very happy-- even smoke was all smiles in the end. But Outlaw Kurt was not happy with a certain Toyota driver. but what a show it was I know all of you saw it and different opinions were made--- O by the way he broke the chain of first time winners with his second win of the year backing up his Phoenix win...Any one care to share their views on the race and its outcome???

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

I left with 100 to go...hey, I enjoyed having front row seats though!

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

then you missed the final act.

Randy Myers3
@randy-myers3
10 years ago
23 posts

Not a bad race but more importantly it appeared to be almost full of fans. Maybe some of these other tracks should take a look at hosting one race each year. Makes that old "supply & demand" theory look good. Not to mention having a tough old track with blazing speed, tight corners and close walls.

--
Randy Myers
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

I thought it was a good race and I enjoyed watching every lap. I noticed the "full house" as well as the huge number of fans for the Nationwide race. Both audiences were treated to some really good racing. I also noticed, in both events, the fans were standing, cheering, and waving flags and caps in the last laps. A return to the time when it was really exciting to be there in the stands. Of course, the weather was as good as it could get for race day, but considering the Masters was being played about 120 miles to the west, USC had its spring game 70 miles to the west, Clemson had its spring game wherever that cow pasture college is located, and there were at least 10 special events going on within 100 miles of the track, it was great to know that Darlington could still fill the seats. Must be something to this "tradition" thing after all, even if it's not Labor Day. BUT WAIT!!!! I heard this morning that Mike Helton is not ruling out a return to Labor Day weekend for the Southern 500 AND, Darlington Raceway has set up an e-mail account to receive stories and memories from fans. Interesting that the email address is darlington1950@darlingtonraceway.com. Wonder if they were listening to The Goat Rodeo Tuesday night?

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Hey Tim any chance you can sneak a plug in for the Labor Day race? I know your audio schedule is hectic but really the old gal just might return the favor to you...!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Johnny, I have banged that drum since Darlington lost Labor Day weekend. Just did in last week's Legendtorial. One can only hope.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

Agreed Tim, packed stands and on-track action all night long. Was good to see.