HOF On Line Voting...

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
10 years ago
214 posts

Does Any one know how the HOF Voting

is going?????????????????????????

Thanks----Harlow Reynolds---Lynchburg,Va.

updated by @harlow-reynolds: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

We don't know Harlow and they aren't likely to tell us but I'm voting for my five every day as many times as I can.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
10 years ago
171 posts

Who are the nominees?

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

Dr. Janice, There are 20 nominees listed on the vote website at www.nascar.com/inductees-vote and you can vote as many times as you want for 5 selectees each time. Of course everyone of them is deserving in some manner but I'm really hoping my friend Ray Fox is elected as his 98th birthday is coming up May 24th and I wouldn't miss his party for anything.

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
10 years ago
214 posts

When you vote for 5 people you are right where you started.I don't think you are helping anyone..

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks

Harlow Reynolds---Lynchburg,Va..

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

As I see it I'm not helping the other 15 that's didn't get my vote and its hard to select just one out of the 20 nominees. There's about 6 or 8 in my opinion and my opinion only that should get in.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Bill, I have taken the same approach as you. Of course, we all have our own opinions, just like we did when the nominees were competing. I don't mind sharing mine, though:

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

lol, we agree on 4 of them, I'll message you on the one we are not in agree on.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

it appears that site is now at www.nascarhall.com/inductees/fan-vote .

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
10 years ago
214 posts

I like All of them. But REX WHITE for sure.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Harlow, I see on the evening news that y'all had quite a CSX tank car derailment downtown along the James River in your hometown of Lynchburg, Va. this afternoon.

Report I saw said no injuries, thank goodness.

--
Jay Coker
@jay-coker
10 years ago
177 posts

Thank the nominating process for allowing the order in which these guys get voted in to get messed up, but you KNOW if Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace are gonna get in first ballot, then Awesome Bill is a no-brainer first ballot inductee as well. Personally, I think given the ties he and Benny Parsons had, it would be fitting if they went in together in the same class. I think I finished out my ballot with Raymond Parks, Robert Yates, and Curtis Turner. Still can believe no Smokey Yunick on the ballot.

Bruton Smith can go build his own Hall Of Fame. Just my opinion, of course. :)

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

amen Jay....Then he can move it around to where ever. lol

danny quick2
@danny-quick2
10 years ago
15 posts

two people i would not vote for are bruton smith and brian france.to me they have done more to hurt nascar than to help it.

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
10 years ago
171 posts
Several people have contacted me saying that Sam Ard needs to be nominated. There is nothing that I can do or is there? Does NASCAR accept "write-ins"? :)
Jay Coker
@jay-coker
10 years ago
177 posts

Nascar actually has a nominating committee that determines the final 20. Doesn't mean that Sam hasn't been brought up with them- but that nominating group is responsible for whittling down the list.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

I feel that way about Sam, too, Janice and especially about Ray Hendrick, who beat both Sportsman & Mod drivers already in and nominated heads up nearly every time. It just kills me to see some of the names, but unfortunately the folks nominating for the most part don't have a clue about the earlier contributors.

--
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
10 years ago
214 posts

5 good one's,All of them are HOF

Thanks

Harlow