I've Taken a Hiatus, but I'm Not Gone!

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
10 years ago
589 posts
Some of you have been sending messages to me recently over Facebook or on the RacersReunion site. For what seems like the last year, I have not been on the show because of my conflicting work schedule. Don't worry, I haven't forgot about my racing family - the place where I got my broadcasting career started when I was a kid....literally! I've been doing the RacersReunion weekly radio show since I was in the 7th or 8th grade. I have really enjoyed meeting and talking with different people from all over the country...and even the world! It really feels good telling people that I am a co-host on a radio show. I enjoy digging up history and telling people about the history that formed the sport that we all love. Believe it or not, I will be graduating from high school this Saturday. Time really flies. As much as I would love to go to college to further myself into a broadcasting degree, my immediate plan out of highschool is to keep working at the Atlanta Motorsports Park. I have a good job, make good money, and it's a very short commute. It's a young business that is only going to keep growing and growing. One day down the road, if the opportunity comes to continue to pursue broadcasting, so be it. I'm not giving up on the idea, I just know that it's a hard field to get into; especially with most TV networks now bringing in retired drivers and crew chiefs for annalists and commentators. There's still a chance of me one day getting into the booth. Remember, I'm NOT giving up on broadcasting...I'm just satisfied with what 'm doing now.Hopefully next month or so, I'll be able to get back on the air, but for right now, I'm working every Tuesday, or between 40 and 50 hours a week. Just though I'd give everyone an update and let you all know that I haven't forgot about you!-Cody
updated by @cody-dinsmore: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Awesome, Cody! Proud of you and proud to know you! We have much in common of late...you're saving for your car fund and I'm saving for a travel fund. And, we're both working as many hours as we can. :) Nothing wrong with working hard.Just remember to leave some time for fun in your schedule too.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

Congratulations on High School Graduation Cody! I hope one day to get to tour the museum in Dawsonville with you. Walked in off the street on my way to Fairmount once and went thru it alone. Be a lot more fun to get a guided tour.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Yes, congratulations on the graduation Cody. I must say you are very missed on Tuesday nights! I hope something works out where you can soon return to the show.

Dennis, you are right about the guided tour, especially when it's Cody guiding you. I had an awesome day at the Hall of Fame there in Dawsonville because Cody gave me the tour.

I'll be thinking of you Saturday as you receive that Diploma Cody. I will remind you that part of my credo is "never give up your dream". You have the talent to be what you want to be as an announcer so go for it.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Randy Myers3
@randy-myers3
10 years ago
23 posts

You have literally grown up before our very eyes and ears. Makes me feel even older. Photo is of my graduation gift from waaaaaayyyyyyyy back in the day. Save all of yours you can. Memories become precious over time.

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!

--
Randy Myers
Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
10 years ago
123 posts

Cody, I am sure with the attitude that you have, You will accomplish whatever you want. Appreciate all you have done for us and I know you are proud of the Musuem in Dawsonville. You have worked hard in everything and it will pay off. Keep up the good work.

Jack Walker
@jack-walker
10 years ago
162 posts

Congratulations Cody !!! Hope to see you back on the show soon.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

I've been thinking about taking a hiatus for awhile but I didn't know how to spell it. Ain't High School wonderful?

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.