RacersReunion® NHOF Visit

Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

To view photos: Click Here

To view a short video: Click Here

Approximately 30 members gathered to tour the NHOF. A great time was had by all.

Those in attendance included Paul and Linda Lewis, Brownie King, Debbie King Moore, Dennis Andrews, Francis Flock, Danny Whitener, Harvey Tollison, Leon Phillips, Larry Eury, Bill McPeek, Bob Warfield, Matthew Whitener, Darren and Regina Gribsby, Tim Leeming, Caraline Clary, Will Holmes, Amy Norton and family,and Buz McKim and family.

updated by @devin: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

what a party, great turn out and having Buz as our personal tour guide. doesn't get much better than that..we had a great time. If you missed it I strongly recommend you try and make the next one....

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

I'd like to know if Tim Leeming cornered Buz McKim to ask him about the 43 door at the NHOF that actually isn't a Richard Petty door as it's labeled. Ha.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

sorry Chase, He was much to busy handing out flyers of his next concert...lol I thought for awhile there was two of him as he was all over the museum.....

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

had a great time ready for the next one thanks to all that came out

ray lamm
@ray-lamm
10 years ago
214 posts

I would love to be they but had deal in hillsbrough,n.c. sun.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

sure hope to see you at a future visit Ray....

Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Missed ya Raytona! Maybe next time. :)

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

A great looking group. One fellow in that group seemed to be a "legend" with the ladies judging from the photos!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
10 years ago
226 posts

If you missed it , you sure missed a good time . Hope to see y'all in Augusta Sept 12 th & 13 th for the AIRPS HOF Induction and Reunion !

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
10 years ago
560 posts

WOW!! Chase, That's news to me!! Are you saying History Channel's American Pickers has messed up as in "Big Time".

Hey History Channel's American Pickers:
Have you heard about Virginia Tech is given up and auction an Petty #43 Dodge racecar that driver Terry Labonte once drove.
Less engine and some other stuff?
Does this includes chassis and rollbars?
The car has no motor, transmission, radiator, drive shaft or fuel cell. The tires are old and cracked, able to hold air just long enough to be moved which, by the way, will be your responsibility if you buy it.
===================================================================

Virginia Tech is selling this NASCAR Dodge shell at auction.
http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=697&acctid=1563
====================================================================

http://www.roanoke.com/news/education/virginia-tech-is-auctioning-off-nascar-dodge-from-petty-team/article_14401664-94b8-5247-a374-26fbc48d4a6c.html

Virginia Tech is auctioning off NASCAR Dodge from Petty team

Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 10:42 am

Randy Hallman | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Interested in owning a NASCAR race car? Virginia Tech is selling one or at least the shell of one at auction.

Its a Dodge campaigned on the NASCAR Cup circuit by Richard Pettys team several years ago. Bobby Labonte is one of the drivers who raced in this version of the No. 43.

The car was retired from competition after the 2007 season. It was donated to Tech in 2009 for research conducted by its mechanical engineering graduate students.

The yellow, blue and red racer has the insignia of Cheerios and other sponsors, and dozens of other decals.

But dont plan on making the field for the Richmond International Raceways Sept. 6 Federated Auto Parts 400.

The car has no motor, transmission, radiator, drive shaft or fuel cell. The tires are old and cracked, able to hold air just long enough to be moved which, by the way, will be your responsibility if you buy it.

Bidding commenced at $2,500 on July 25. As of noon Friday, the top bid was $8,600. Bidding is scheduled to close Thursday at 6 p.m. You can register to bid online at www.govdeals.com under the category Automobiles (Classic Custom).

Questions? Contact Ron Barrett at (540) 231-5660 or ronald@vt.edu.

Thanks for any information or photos posted.
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Dennis, check this thread to see the misconceptions about the Petty door that was displayed at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. I was at the race the door "allegedly" came from according to the erroneous Buzz McKim write-up... and you may have been there, also.

http://stockcar.racersreunion.com/forum/topics/the-almost-return-of-curtis-turner?commentId=1981311%3AComment%3A701153

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

I'd like to thank the RR group visiting the NASCAR Hall of Fame for the thoughtful "get well" card that arrived at my home yesterday. I've never collected driver autographs and the the only NASCAR driver autograph I've ever had is that of Richard Petty from a 25th anniversary book he once gave me. Now, I shall unexpectedly add Paul Lewis and Brownie King to what is suddenly a "collection!" Thanks to each of you who signed and sent for your thoughtfulness.

--
danny whitener
@danny-whitener
10 years ago
47 posts

Dave, we really missed you being with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope all goes well with you. Take care.

danny whitener
@danny-whitener
10 years ago
47 posts

Oh Dave, I forgot to mention you have the "Legend's" autograph too to go along with the rest of the drivers names.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Of course.... a "well, duh" from me!

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Danny, it seems Dave has a severe problem with recognizing those of us who are "Famous" thus he overlooks the most predominant autograph on the card! I do not know what I'm going to do with that man. Guess I'll have to have my PR person get in touch with him.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

That would be Devin??!!

--
danny whitener
@danny-whitener
10 years ago
47 posts

Tim, I just dont know about Dave. Surely he recognizes you as being "FAMOUS". Maybe a little heart to heart talk with him might be helpful, otherwise sic Dangerous Devin on him. He just needs to recognize you for who you are in the pecking order. Take care.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Legendtorial being prepared!

--
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
10 years ago
560 posts

"IT'S MILLER TIME"? NOPE !

IT'S "SHARE A COKE WITH A LEGEND" TIME.

Thanks for any information or photos posted.
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Thanks, Dennis. I like that. My daughter took the three grandsons to Atlanta for a visit a couple of weeks ago and they stopped by the Coke plant and I now have a "Legend" Coke. lol

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Dave, I see things on line all the time that make me actually laugh out loud. Some things get a chuckle. This one, dear friend, actually caused me to hurt my ribs laughing. YOU are very creative in your posting selections. I love it!

--

Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Most creative, indeed! Awesome, Dave. :)