Two Races to go and 2 non winners in the hunt STILL

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

If you saw the end of the race then you saw the tussle but did you see the 4 itop players in the chase? A non winner gets more real as we go to Phoenix. It could well be Ryan or even Denny. Be sure to tune in next Sunday to see round two of the Sunday rumble,might even see another great race. A lot of hurt feelings today and these feelings dont go away very easy.

11-1-14-texas-starttime-kenseth

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Denny won at Talladega this spring, however, his teammate, Kenseth is still winless. Denny is the only driver in the Chase who hasn't run the full schedule - sat down by the doctors at California because of the metal in his eye.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Well ok then its Ryans ball to lose in the next two races -- makes it even easier now doesnt it

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
10 years ago
560 posts

NEWS FLASH FROM NASCAR !!

NASCAR DRIVERS DON'T NEED RACE CARS FOR LAST NASCAR RACE AT HOMESTEAD !!

JUST YOUR BOXING GLOVES !!

LAST MAN OR WOMAN STANDING !!

WINS " THE NASCAR BRAWL CUP " !!!

Thanks for any information or photos posted.
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts
Pos. Driver +/-
1 Joey Logano +13
2 Denny Hamlin +13
3 Ryan Newman +11
4 Jeff Gordon +1
5 Matt Kenseth -1
6 Carl Edwards -1
7 Brad Keselowski -5
8 Kevin Harvick -6

Following the Phoenix race, four drivers will advance to the Championship Round at Homestead-Miami Speedway . Each advancing driver will see their point total reset to 5,000 and the driver that finishes the highest among the four finalists will win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship.

The four drivers that would advance to Homestead as of now would be: Logano, Hamlin, Newman and Gordon.

The four drivers that would be eliminated would be: Kenseth, Edwards, Keselowski and Harvick.

Now to figure out the maybes coming from Nascar over the discussion on pit road after the race

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts
If I were Gordon, Harvick, Hamlin, Kenseth, or whomever else is upset with Brad, I would make sure to get the pit just in front of his. Then I would do a poor job of tucking in the back of the car and keeping the old right rear tire out of harm's way.The problem with four car teams is that there are a lot of teammates that can make it difficult to pass. Brad can't even ask Logano to run interference for him because Joey's got his own plans for a championship.
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
10 years ago
560 posts

HOW ABOUT THE OTHER FORD RACE TEAMS DRIVERS ( PETTY, ROUSE, WOOD BROS.) HELPING FORD DRIVER BRAD TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. WOULD IT BE BETTER FOR FORD THAN CHEVY OR TOYOTA?

Thanks for any information or photos posted.
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts

Ford will definitely ask for help from the other teams, but that may not gain them much. I don't know if the Wood Brothers will be at Phoenix. RPM will be sitting mid-pack, which doesn't help Brad much, and Roush will make Edwards their first priority. Biffle and Logano are his best hope. Ford definitely wants to see their car in the champion's circle after so many years of Chevy domination.

The last twenty laps at Phoenix are positioned to be the best racing all year. I hope NASCAR doesn't break it up into four lap runs between caution flags.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

You know NASCAR officials will be at their meddlesome best, throwing the caution even if someone gets out of shape a little during the end.

If someone I disliked on track got beat up like Brad did, that'd lower my grudge against him a bit so I don't expect the drivers he's got riled up, to be on the lookout for paying him back on track as much as they would have had Brad not gotten beat up. Still, if he's in contention for a win at Phoenix, I don't expect anyone to cut him a break either.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

Days of Thunder style action then ensues. "He's blocking me!!"