Kurt Busch, NASCAR Whipping Boy

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Kurt Busch. Know the name NASCAR? You know that guy you were looking for a way to rid yourselves of because he sometimes embarrassed you? Well, I am not a Kurt Busch fan, per se, but what you did, in your rush to kiss the behind of the NFL, is now a big boondoggle for you boys in Daytona/Charlotte.

News just came down that the Delaware Attorney General can find no grounds to charge Kurt with any criminal wrong-doing. As I have already discussed in a Legendtorial (to be found on the Home Page here), Kurt was never, I repeat NEVER charged with any crime. All of the allegations, back and forth from both parties involved beg to be written by fantasy writers instead of news people. I am relatively sure, although I would not suppose to state it as fact, that both sides were having fun fabricating stories worthy of the trashy reality television series you find on the tube these days.

So, no criminal charges! So, NASCAR, you have Kurt enrolled in one of your super-secret programs to re-train his mind to think as you wish him to think and then, and only then, will you reinstate him. We will not know when this will happen until it happens, but is it possible that you, NASCAR, have ruined the career of this talented driver. Is it not true that Chevrolet dropped him because you, NASCAR, made a criminal out of Kurt WITHOUT a trial? Is it not true that in America, at least the America for which my Daddy fought Japs in the Pacific for three years, a man is innocent until proven guilty? Is it not true, NASCAR, that in your rush to judgment you may have irreparably destroyed a career? Is it not true that you were doing this in a effort to seem more in tune with political correctness than the God you perceive to be the NFL?

Ok, NASCAR, your move. What now? Feel like a fool yet? I can only imagine the legal remedies Kurt Busch would have against the actions of NASCAR with an attorney well versed in such matters. Go get 'em Kurt Busch.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

agree 100 % Tim, This was a classic rush to judgment mostly because Chevrolet prob. told nascar they were going to drop Kurt. Makes one wonder if having a female Chairman of the Board influenced their decision... I don't think it will effect his attitude or driving at all, if anything it should make him a better driverin my opinion.

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
9 years ago
171 posts

Sounds to me like something that lawsuits are made of!! Don't approve of domestic violence and nobody but those two and the Man Above know what really happened. However one thing is for sure...if a man didn't want me I certainly would never have shown up at his motorhome in the first place!!!! jmo

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
9 years ago
907 posts

Yep, what a tricky web NAPcar has woven. Way to go geniuses, in your rush to placate political correctness, the biased media and the "beautiful people", you've forever damaged Kurt Busch

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
9 years ago
560 posts

TIM ,

THANK GOD YOUR DADDY HELPED FIGHT AND WIN THE WORLD WAR 2 AGAINST JAPAN !!

IF JAPAN/GERMANY/ITALY HAD WON WORLD WAR 2, I DOUBT WE WOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND NASCAR !!

DENNIS GARRETT

RICHMOND,VA. USA

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
9 years ago
365 posts

The possibility that Japan, Germany or the two combined would have conquered the US is immeasurably small. They were trying to prevent us from entering the war but had no intention of affecting US politics. We've done a bang-up job of eliminating freedom in the US all by ourselves since the Forties and "freedom of political correctness" is one of the few that remain. Some of you are doing a fine job of upholding the stereotype of Southern racism.

Aside from all that, I agree with Tim that NASCAR should have at least waited until Busch had been convicted of a crime before suspending him. They compounded that error by not immediately lifting the suspension when he was acquitted. I don't know what happened inside that motorhome, but if Patricia Driscoll's account is true then we need to give our assassins more training in hand-to-hand combat. Ryan Newman or Carl Edwards might be a formidable opponent, but Kurt Busch?

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Perry, as long as you do not use any name aggressively people of Races or countries should not be bothered by the play of words such as these

Brit - British

Frog - French

Limey - English

Paddy - Irish

Japs - Japenese

or the word Taff - Welsh

or even this , you being called Whitey for using different terms but you dont reply when Whites are called everything in the sun. The trick is to not use any slang word in a horrible or meaningful way ,it should be no harm no foul. My take on this subject

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
9 years ago
4,073 posts

This entire post needs to be deleted in my opinion.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
9 years ago
167 posts

Tim, another reason for me to admire your vision and your courage. You are right on!

Perry, my friend. Let it go brother. Not everybody is perfect, but your post reads like you are in control of all decisions concerning those things that effect your own life. In his lifetime, Tim did not harm anybody, or any relative,in your lifetime.

If the US were to demand that the multiple millions of dollars in financial aid to Japan be returned, should it be divided up among only those with 'pure' American heritage? If we were all the same race, age, intelligence, color and 'smarts. it would be very boring existence. Celebrate our differences!

My opinion bares no more credence than yours, but as your friend, I am submitting my thoughts on this matter.

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
9 years ago
221 posts

This is my take on the topic.

The term "Jap," in the minds of any Americans who are familiar with the history and American culture of WWII, is a term used specifically to refer to those who were our nation's enemy over in the Pacific Theater. We had a term for Japanese-Americans: Nisei, and they proved to be just as American as Teddy Roosevelt. For those who were raised in such culture, and the years that followed, there is no term "Japanese." Think Abraham Lincoln on Star Trek's "The Savage Curtain." It's a touchy situation, and such terms are better avoided, but I had to get a history lesson in there.

Now for the Kurt Busch drama... I wonder how much of this is actually NASCAR or our government's doing, trying to create a situation to get themselves in the news. Any judge with half a brain would know that both Busch and Driscoll were liars and that both are loony farm material. One of two things happened here: (1) the government interfered and told the judge that there would be large consequences if he didn't side with Driscoll (who I doubt is anything more than a person who fantasizes of being an assassin, because if he she was even the CIA wouldn't be able to keep quiet anymore), or (2) NASCAR told the judge to side with Driscoll. Why? To keep the story alive. If the judge threw it out like a smart man, the story would die right there. Now NASCAR has something to feed the media for a few months: the Kurt suspension, the filling of the #41 seat, the reinstatement process, the reinstatement itself, Kurt's first race back, how he does the rest of the season, the return to Dover in June and September, etc. I think NASCAR has Ed Koskey on their payroll .

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

I am,effective immediately, "closing" this discussion. I am not deleting it because of issues raised which should remain for others to read. I almost considered deleting the post until I read this morning that NASCAR has held steadfast to their position, as I will hold steadfast to mine.

It wass never my intention to offend anyone with this post, with the possible exception of those in NASCAR management who pushed the Busch issue. To have this post dissolve into racial and political correct issues bothers me. Perry, it especially bothers me that you refer to "my followers". I have NO followers and I do resent the implication that I could even attempt to lead others into matters against their will. Be that as it may, this discussion is closed and the likelihood of further Forum Posts from this writeris slim.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.