What do you do with all the clothing with the flag imprinted on them?

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

It seems that Nascar is running from its roots Again, Word has it you cant wear a shirt or hat with the Confederate flag on them,at least in the track or grandstand. How many cars have the flag on them, and pray tell whats going to happen in Alabama at Talladega ? I have the flag painted on the roof of my car and the flag is part of my business Logo.

So do we just spray it over with a rattle can from Walmart or hide it in back for fear of a rebuttal from afar. That flag goes way back in my memory of Racing as this photo of win by my Dad in the early 50s.augusta speedway in early 50's

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Blane Moon
@blane-moon
9 years ago
113 posts

Just wear a shirt like Joe Weatherly did for the Rebel 300!

Robert Mitchell
@robert-mitchell
9 years ago
327 posts

From what I've read, NASCAR stated that they will not use or allow use of the Confederate flag in "official capacity". The same as it's been for a while now. But they will not stop race goers from wearing them or having them on their vehicles.

That's the way I understood it.

Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
9 years ago
226 posts

NASCAR is isolating a large segment of fans that can ill afford to loose. Wonder what JR Nation thinks of his position on the Confederate flag, hope his fans abandon him too.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

The NASCAR modifieds #22 & #23 fielded by Hubert Hensley out of Virginia for cousins Billy & Jimmy Hensley always had a flag on the rear deck:

As Robert already mentioned, the Confederate flag hasn't been allowed on any NASCAR race cars for a number of years now.

Ironically, the only racing souvenir I ever purchased in my entire life was a Darlington cushion at the 1966 Southern 500 with that flag.

I don't really see that NASCAR can take any other stance. It will get extremely interesting if they attempt to prohibit fans from displaying that flag at Talladega, etc.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Robert Mitchell
@robert-mitchell
9 years ago
327 posts

It looks like they are looking into stopping fans from having rebel flags at the races -

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/brian-france-confederate-flag-nascar-chairman-wants-it-eliminated-at-races-062715?adbsc=social_20150627_48278016&adbid=855781514477631&adbpl=fb&adbpr=239115849477537

"We want to go as far as we can to eliminate the presence of that flag," France told The Associated Press on Saturday.

"I personally find it an offensive symbol, so there is no daylight how we feel about it and our sensitivity to others who feel the same way.

"We're working with the industry to see how far we can go to get that flag to be disassociated entirely from our events."

Yes, this is going to get interesting.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

AS Talledega goes what if that truck that usually rolls around the track before race time comes out with Stars and Stripes along with the Stars and Bars. Now that would be saying an important message, not heritage but unification.

It is like putting an open wheel modified on a track with full bodied modified. both are bad a## and can race together as long as they use common sense.

LAVERNE ZACHARY
@laverne-zachary
9 years ago
117 posts

Johnny check out this patch from 1965-looks like NASCAR was already putting the flags together.

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
9 years ago
560 posts

HOW ABOUT ALL THE OLD HISTORIC RACING PHOTOS HAVING REBEL FLAGS IN THEM.

JUST THINK IF NASCAR OR INTERNET, PHOTOSHOP OR BANNED ALL THE OLD HISTORIC RACING PHOTOS HAVING REBEL FLAGS LIKE THESE PHOTOS:

PHOTO #1. FRANK REBEL MUNDY REBEL FLAG #7 CAR

PHOTO #2. FRANK REBEL MUNDY PHOTO SHOP REBEL FLAG REMOVED

PHOTO #3 1969 SOUTHERN 500 WINNER LEE ROY YARBROUGH REBEL FLAG

PHOTO #4 1969 SOUTHERN 500 WINNER LEE ROY YARBROUGH PHOTO SHOP REBEL FLAG REMOVED

WILL NASCAR HALL OF FAME SHOWED THEM OR CONSIDERED FRANK "REBEL" MUNDY, Real Name Francisco Menendez INTO THE NASCAR HALL OF FAME?

Thanks for any information or photos posted.
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

Blane Moon
@blane-moon
9 years ago
113 posts

Mundy's right front fender says it all, "Sensitized".

Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
9 years ago
226 posts

Wear them , if they don't let you in demand a refund . If Brian France continues his path , NASCAR might be doomed !