LETS SEE IF I CAN PUT THIS IN WORDS

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

I could talk all nite about him but he was actually on the goat rodeo about 3 or 4 years ago talking about the good ole days. He will surely be missed by the Ga Gang and many others.this is part of the ga gang. Charlie is in the checker shirt.

The founders of the Georgia Gang

charlie burnette and is wife

ro-ho my friend charlie burnett

this coupe was known all over Ga

As you can see that coupe behind me was dead on me --I won it but Charlie did his best to pass me

crazy 8 speedway in warner robins ga

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/16/16 07:54:33AM
Devin
@devin
9 years ago
618 posts

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your very good friend, Charlie. May he rest in peace.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Johnny, I didn't know Charlie as well as you, but when I met him he was impressive. I am sorry for your loss and for the loss of another of the great ones from the days of yore. God's blessings on his family and all his friends.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
9 years ago
209 posts

Charlie Burnette would call me just about every week to see how my grandson did in his race.

Each time I talked with him he asked if I had found him a ride. Charlie was 86. If I said yes he and Jo

his wife would be on the way up from Florida. Like me I doubt if Charlie could climb through the

window but he would probably try.

He was a true racer right up to the end. RIP my friend. We have lost a great one.