Charter Chatter: Wood Brothers No Longer a part of Race Team Alliance (RTA)

Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

Read here for more information:

Wood Brothers and RTA

updated by @devin: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

What a shame they wont be able to have charter status. I guess its because they haven't run a full schedule since 2008. They will have to qualify for one of the 4 open slots at each race. I have high hopes they will make most of them and wish them the best....

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Remember running outlaw or wild catting it??? Going back to the old ways I see..

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Alliances, charters.... pure B.S. that has ruined NASCAR racing. You got it Johnny.... you need to promote a big run what you brung outlaw event.

If the Wood Brothers can't make it, Harlow can bring his #21!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
8 years ago
560 posts

THE "NASCAR RACE HUB" CABLE SHOW MENTION THAT WOOD BROS. FORD RACE TEAM COULD RUN THE 2016 SEASON AS AN PETTY/WOOD BROS. FORD CHARTER TEAM OR PENSKE/WOOD BROS. FORD CHARTER TEAM IF NASCAR OK'S IT ??

THERE SHOULD BE A "GRAND FATHER CHARTER CLAUSE", THAT THE RACE TEAMS WITH THE MOST MEMBERS INDUCTED IN NASCAR HALL OF FAME BE GIVING "LIFE-TIME CHARTERS", LIKE THE PETTY RACE TEAM AND WOOD BROS. RACE TEAM.

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
8 years ago
214 posts

You Got it--- Its still running great----Thanks ---21

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
8 years ago
214 posts

You got it right---Hope they wake up----21

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Wood Bros. opt out of RTA....... http://goo.gl/0w3yPZ

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Kinda funny how Ford has let this happen. I knew about the Woods Bros looooong time ago,almost before Daytona and to hear this just doesnt set well. So now what IF they go out and defy the odds. Its not impossible you know,look back at their track record from I think 1950. They do have that mojo and have been true to the color {Blue} So dont say never because the fat lady sure hast sung yet..Woodbrothers.jpg

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
8 years ago
835 posts

Co-owner Eddie Wood classified the team's existence in the RTA as "a square peg trying to be in a round hole."

Yeah, we are disappointed [about not getting a charter] but it gets back to what I said that the model we used to stay racing in 2009 caused this not to happen," Eddie Wood said. "I wouldnt turn around and switch it for that win with Trevor [Bayne]here if you gave me two charters. That is how much winning the race means. It is this race. Not just a race, the race. This race is above all others. I dont care if it is Indy, Le Mans, this race is above all others.

Clipped from the article Devin linked to. I'd say Eddie gets what racing is all about more than the other owners or NASCAR.

Pete Linszky
@pete-linszky
8 years ago
6 posts

Folks,

I wonder if some NASCAR races will have 4 cars to fill the field ???

Pete L.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

NASCAR will pull a rabbit outta the hat should that happen, and come up with the extra four cars....start-and-park-ers, no doubt.