Grand National/Winston Cup Trivia

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
8 years ago
835 posts
  1. Who won 50 Grand National races and the 1961 and 1965 drivers championship?
  2. Who was the 1962 Grand National Rookie of the Year?
  3. Who was the first driver to make a qualifying lap at Daytona? After hanging up his helmet he owned stock cars driven by Pete Hamilton and Indy cars driven by Cale Yarborough.
  4. Who was the 1963 Grand National Rookie of the Year who won 4 in a row at Old Bridge, N.J.; Bridgehampton, N.Y,; Islip, N.Y. and Watkins Glenn N.Y. in 1964?
  5. Cale Yarborough is credited with 83 Grand National and Winston Cup wins. Where and when was the first one?
  6. The Wood Brothers are credited with winning NASCARs 1,000th race at Ontario Motor Speedway in California in 1971. Who was the driver?
  7. The 1976 Daytona 500 was decided on the last lap between two drivers. Who were they and which one won?
  8. In the mid 70s Bobby Allison was the only one campaigning an American Motors Madador in Grand National competition. What did the Allisons call the car?
  9. What former ARCA driver won one Grand National race on his way to the drivers championship in 1973?
  10. What independent driver with one career pole made his last start Aug. 11, 1991 at Watkins Glen?

updated by @dennis-andrews: 12/05/16 04:10:12PM
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
8 years ago
626 posts

Number 4 Q Earl Bomer i think Number 6 Q AJ Foty i think Number 7 Q David won Richard was numer 2 Number 8 Q Bull fighter Number 9 Benny Parson number 10 i think JD Mcduffy

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
8 years ago
626 posts

Hay Dennis i love this i may not be right but it was fun Kinda gets you thinking kinda like a crossword puzzel

Robert Gregory Hendrix
@robert-gregory-hendrix
8 years ago
83 posts

1. Ned Jarrett 3. Gene White 4. Billy Wade 6. Foyt 7. Pearson and Petty, Pearson 8.Bull fighter 9.Benny Parsons 10. J. D. McDuffie Don't know 2 and 5.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
8 years ago
626 posts

Right Robert Billy Wade number number 4 thats who i was thinking of when i said Earl Bomer

Robert Gregory Hendrix
@robert-gregory-hendrix
8 years ago
83 posts

2. Asheboro's Thomas Cox 5. Valdosta, Georgia, 1965 (I did remember Valdosta, but definitely had to look up Thomas Cox. Leon, I believe the guy you were thinking of was Earl Balmer, of Floyd's Knob, Indiana.

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

Without reading other's comments...

1. Ned Jarrett

2. Tom Cox

3. Gene White

4. Billy Wade

5. Valdosta in June of 1965

6. A.J. Foyt

7. David Pearson beat Richard Petty

8. I have no clue

9. Benny Parsons

10. J.D. McDuffie, who died in that "last start" :(

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Alex, I believe the Answer to number 8 is "The Little Nash Rambler". I could be wrong but I think that's right.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
8 years ago
835 posts

1. Ned Jarrett

2. Thomas Cox

3. Gene White

4. Billy Wade

5. Valdosta, Ga. on June 27,1966

6. A.J. Foyt

7. David Person and Richard Petty, Pearson won.

8. Nash Rambler (from Donnie Allison on last weeks Racing Thru History)

9. Benny Parson

10. J.D. McDuffie