TONY STEWART

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

What do you folks think of NASCAR fining Tony Stewart $35,000.00 for his comments about the danger of using less that five lug nuts on the cars? Do you not think that Brainless Brian has failed, once again, to accept any criticism. Brainless endorses Donald Trump for president and we all know Donald says what he wants to whomever he wants. Yet, Tony speaks the truth and is fined for it.

Every day that goes by it seems NASCAR drifts further and further away from reason and common sense. While I realize that everyone has an opinion and the right to express and support that opinion, I read an article on ESPN yesterdaywhich supports NASCAR, bashes the fans, and was written, obviously, by someone NASCAR has in there pocket. After all, if he doesn't toe the line, there goes his "hard card" and that's it for him. So, keep kissing up Ryan. Brainless won't remember that the first time you criticize him for anything.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

the drivers council said this morning they support Tony's right as a driver and owner to speak his mind. They also said they would pay his fine and divide it equally among all their members. Greg Biffle also stated this morning that he agreed with Tony. This could just go away or get messy, its all up to noclass brian....

Dave Wager
@dave-wager
8 years ago
25 posts

Maybe Brian France has not yet realized that the state of the sport itself......has a couple of lug nuts missing.

(Example; You could have stepped up to the ticket booth at Bristol at 2:00pm last Sunday and bought a ticket to ANY seating section you wanted.)

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Thank you Dave. I love it when folks agree with me, but at the same time, if there is a difference of opinion I like to discuss it and hopefully learn another point of view. Not saying that anyone would sway me opinion, just saying I believe if differences in folks. I would take exception to one part of your comment, however. The sport is not missing a COUPLE of lug nuts! More like four with only one holding on the wheel to soon be bouncing through the stands. Just another opportunity for that D.W. guy to be cutesy with his "you picked the wrong time to leave me loose wheel". Thanks, again Dave, for being on the site and contributing.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Count another Dave as being in complete agreement, also. And you know me... I'll let you know when you're wrong, Legend!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

I'm in complete agreement, too..... just another brick outta the wall.

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

This is an interesting topic, to say the least.

But yes, Ryan McGee's article went over the line, and then to see one of my friends' insulting comment that made McGee look like Mother Teresa in all that...

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Retired and highly respected Richmond motorsports writer, Randy Hallman (an RR member) says he is sending a $5 donation to the Drivers Council to be either applied to Tony's fine or to Denny's children's charity and wonders how many others might do the same to cast a vote in favor of drivers having the right to publicly speak their mind:

http://www.richmond.com/sports/auto-racing/nascar/article_de8b6102-...

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"