another great one gone

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

Received the news this morning that Bill Wimble passed away last night in hospice. His lovely wife Sassy said that he is at peace now. I send my deepest condolences to her, his family and many friends and fans.

updated by @bill-mcpeek: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Bill, I join you in condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Bill Wimble. How difficult it is to know that stories of the glorious history of the sport we love have gone with Bill. We will continue to work hard to see that other stories make it to this site before someone passes and takes more of that first person REAL history with them.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Wager
@dave-wager
8 years ago
25 posts

As a Fonda Speedway regular, I had the thrill of watching Bill Wimble compete against the best that The Track of Champions had to offer. In that ten year span, I never saw Bill Wimble become enraged or loose his cool with another competitor, on or off the track. Bill Wimble recorded 43 Fonda feature wins, was the Fonda Track Champion 5 times (in ten years) and was a Nascar National Sportsman Champion twice. I will miss my Hero.

My deepest condolences to wife Sassy and the entire Wimble family.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Condolences to the family and friends of champion Bill Wimble.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

This was Posted on Facebook by Dargin Watts and thought it may show some who he really was..

Bill Wimble, who won many races and championships in the Northeast has passed away. Bill was a great spokesman for the sport of auto racing after his retirement from driving.....Rest in Peace Bill...We will miss you at the many functions you attended.
He is shown here (left) with a good friend, Bugs Stevens in 2014.

Dargan Watts's photo.
Dargan Watts's photo.
Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

Bill was the man who showed me that some of the race car drivers really are the "fearless heroes on the track, ordinary people off the track." He really was a hero through and through. I one time pulled up a chair with Bill, and by the time we were done we realized the event was over and that just a handful of people were left.

RIP Bill

Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
8 years ago
169 posts

RIP Bill Thoughts and prayers for Sassy and the rest of the Wimble family.