Dale and Tim Richmond tangle at Pocono

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Ever seen this wreck? Watch it then tell me if todays drivers have this compassion for each other---Two Greats Gone to Soon
updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
Thanks Johnny. I had forgotten this one although I watched it as it happened. Class! Much Class. What Memories.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
14 years ago
9,137 posts
I was there as Manager of Wrangler NASCAR Special Events and it was just another example of the respect Dale and Timmy had for each other. By the way, Don Naman asked Bud Moore if he'd donate the wrecked T'bird to the International Motorsports Museum at Talladega and Bud declined. He said he'd rather cut the car up. Too many memories of Joe Weatherly and Billy Wade.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
14 years ago
589 posts
Wow! That's pretty bad. But this makes me think of how much bad luck has happened at Pocono. That wreck, Davey Allison is 1987, Jr and Steve Park in 2002. I can't really think of all the wrecks, but I do know that there are about 8 or so bad wrecks like that throughout the years.
Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
14 years ago
53 posts
Cody, you mean the wreck in 1992 when DW tried to kill Davey. Davey had some terrible wrecks that year and still almost brought home the championship.
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
14 years ago
4,073 posts
Earnhardt had the terrible lick his rookie year in 1979. Broke his collar bone & had to miss a few races.One year later, the King look a brutal lick against the wall and was drilled by Waltrip. Richard ended up with a broken neck that he hid from everyone for a while.Jeff Gordon had a tough hit a few years ago.And don't forget that horrific hit Elliott Sadler took this year. Had it not been for improved safety in cars, helmets, and belts, Elliott would have been DOA.

Cody Dinsmore said:
Wow! That's pretty bad. But this makes me think of how much bad luck has happened at Pocono. That wreck, Davey Allison is 1987, Jr and Steve Park in 2002. I can't really think of all the wrecks, but I do know that there are about 8 or so bad wrecks like that throughout the years.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
14 years ago
4,073 posts
If I'm not mistaken, 8x Winston Cup champion crew chief and future NHOFer - Dale Inman - was Tim's crew chief that year. I think this was before he left Stacy for Billy Hagan's team.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.