A twist in voting--The LEAST popular Driver list

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Can you believe the way people think? Look at this list for most unpopular driver of the year--the guys in this list are---well I wouldnt have picked this way,would have???#18 Kyle Busch (40%, 3,741 Votes)#12 Brad Keselowski (10%, 883 Votes)#48 Jimmie Johnson (8%, 767 Votes)#99 Carl Edwards (6%, 521 Votes)#88 Dale Earnhardt Jr (6%, 510 Votes)#42 Juan Montoya (5%, 432 Votes)#07 Robby Gordon (3%, 305 Votes)#11 Denny Hamlin (3%, 293 Votes)#2 Kurt Busch (3%, 272 Votes)#29 Kevin Harvick (3%, 236 Votes)
updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:10:12PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
How WOULD you have picked Johnny?

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Well Tim I surely wouldnt have put Wild Thang at the top --A lot of others have the ability to be up there also
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
If there's one thing in particular I notice about this list...............it may be a list of who got the most votes as unpopular driver, but there's an awful lot of talent represented here............and the best of the group just could be that guy at the top of the list.
Jon Kittel
@jon-kittel
14 years ago
3 posts
Hmmm....seems to me that usually the drivers who are hated the most, are the ones that win the most..That being said, 2 of the top 3 fit the bill, with the guy sandwiched in between them, being just a dislikeable guy in general, because he gets into the most trouble with fan favorite drivers.Then you have cousin Carl. Don't really know why he is unliked, other than retaliation from the Keselowski fans.Jr........probably because of the most popular driver awards with only average driving ability on the track.JPM.........possibly for being an "alien."Robby? Have no idea there. He hasn't done anything for years to ruffle fan's feathers and really never was in the mix for anything..Denny....falls into that first category and maybe others.Kurt .......probably just fans who never did like him, and still don't. Plus a few that don't like him just by association (brother).Kevin.....rubs a few people the wrong way, and I guess just taking over that ride maybe??JMHO
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts

But to Finish First you must first Finish

Nick Sinclair
@nick-sinclair
14 years ago
7 posts

Interesting thread!

I can't question the selection of Kyle Busch as LEAST popular at this time since, despite his obvious driving talent, he is just totally clueless PR-wise. plus his appearance is against him, as is Kurt's.

The rest would not have made my list, especially not Keselowski, JPM or Harvick, who are all exciting to watch.

I'd have included Joey Logano, Scott Speed and possibly Kasey Kane.

But you all should recall that some of the greatest drivers of all time in top racing series were once pretty doggone unpopular ~ AJ Foyt, DE Sr, Tazio Nuvolari for example.

What fond memories of them we have now!