Anyone want to join me

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

...in a RacersReunion weight loss challenge? Hey, I know this isn't racing related, but it is family related and we ARE family. Big D and I are just getting bigger and bigger (he's bigger than me) and I'm concerned for several reasons...health being the most important, but not wanting to give in to to larger clothes is another good one. I'm just sayin...I won't do it without being pushed. I once weighed 240 and lost to 193. Now I'm 220 on my way back to who knows where.

I'm not saying any of y'all need to lose weight, but there are probably some who are like me and need to be challenged. If there is enough interest, we could establish the beginning and end of the competition and come up with a prize for the winner.

So, what do you think?

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
13 years ago
589 posts

Sure..lol My mom is on a diet so I eat healthy anyway. I'm usually around 170-175. Then when I was sick back last month and didn't eat that much...I was down to 158. After I got back from vacation two weeks ago though, I'm sure I gained it all back. But, sure, I'm all for it and probably a lot of other folks will too!

-Cody

Barb2
@barb2
13 years ago
91 posts
Hummmm, no more care packages!!!! :-p
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Lol...I just have to make room for them.

Barb said:
Hummmm, no more care packages!!!! :-p

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts
This is directed at me. I know it. I deserve it. But I still don't like it. lol

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

yeah but look at it this way tim-- you dont have to use a restrictor plate being as your chassis is heavier than jeffs but then again you never know--maybe you need to protest him on chassis weight. He just maybe putting on a "front" now as for robbie i think you will see he is running a little heavy on the front but that may be a reason for him being up high so much

Tim Leeming said:

Paul Zappardino
@paul-zappardino
13 years ago
40 posts
I am on track i went for a physicaland i am working on losing 35lbs. Itis sort of easy for mer though , just not eating after dinner and lay back on the sweets (TASTYKAKE)! and KRISPY-KREME!!!!!
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts
Ok, the Legend is in. This morning, on the digital scale, 238.8 in boxers and a t-shirt (please no attempts at mental picturing that). Jeff is right. This is a family here and this is a family thing. Since we don't all have the same scales, etc., we need to be true to ourselves and our family and let's go for it. I propose we weigh Tuesday, February 1, 2011, then work toward a deadline of April 1, 2011. Use the same scales every weigh in and we'll keep that pretty accurate. As for a prize, for me, to lose 10 pounds by that date will be prize enough. Ok, start lining up. Who is in?

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts

OK. I'll give you my weight a little later tonight.

I know how much one should weigh and/or may need to lose is based on height and age. Anyone have that chart readily available? Walkingand drinking more water can help. I lost 8 lbs lastyear walking around the infield of HCS over a three weekperiod of time.

Tim Leeming said:

k, the Legend is in. This morning, on the digital scale, 238.8 in boxers and a t-shirt (please no attempts at mental picturing that). Jeff is right. This is a family here and this is a family thing. Since we don't all have the same scales, etc., we need to be true to ourselves and our family and let's go for it. I propose we weigh Tuesday, February 1, 2011, then work toward a deadline of April 1, 2011. Use the same scales every weigh in and we'll keep that pretty accurate. As for a prize, for me, to lose 10 pounds by that date will be prize enough. Ok, start lining up. Who is in?
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Michael W. smith said he would race us to skinny and win. The smack talkin has already started. Who else wants in?. Y'all skeerd?

--
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
13 years ago
279 posts
I'm in...I like Paul's idea of 35 pounds. I'll try anyway.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
The speedo thing is scary, robbie.

Robbie Solesbee said:
Hey Tim, let get up a club and walk the speedway each evening! I'll also post a pic of me in a Speedo and we can watch progress!

Devin said:

OK. I'll give you my weight a little later tonight.

I know how much one should weigh and/or may need to lose is based on height and age. Anyone have that chart readily available? Walkingand drinking more water can help. I lost 8 lbs lastyear walking around the infield of HCS over a three weekperiod of time.

T im Leeming said:

k, the Legend is in. This morning, on the digital scale, 238.8 in boxers and a t-shirt (please no attempts at mental picturing that). Jeff is right. This is a family here and this is a family thing. Since we don't all have the same scales, etc., we need to be true to ourselves and our family and let's go for it. I propose we weigh Tuesday, February 1, 2011, then work toward a deadline of April 1, 2011. Use the same scales every weigh in and we'll keep that pretty accurate. As for a prize, for me, to lose 10 pounds by that date will be prize enough. Ok, start lining up. Who is in?

--
Dustin Gilder
@dustin-gilder
13 years ago
14 posts
OK....ya'll don't stand a chance. Especially if I have Isagenix. I'm in! ;)
J.C. HAYES
@jc-hayes
13 years ago
37 posts
YOU ALL CAN LOSS IT BUT I'M NOT I'VE BEEN SKINNY AND I COULDN'T GAIN A POUND . I'VE WAS STUCK AT 190 AND COULDN'T GET ABOVE 200 NOW I WEIGHT 225 AND I FEEL GREAT . I'M 6'10" AND I WILL STAY ABOVE 200 I'M SO GLAD I MEET KIT KAT AND SHE HELP ME GAIN WEIGHT. GOOD LUCK TO THE ONES THAT DOES WIN
Barb2
@barb2
13 years ago
91 posts

SPEEDO !!!! Isn't that onlyworn by old men in foreign countries, looking for a hot younger chick? You know, the guys that want to be sugar daddy's!!

I see NOTHING wrong with any of you. Consider it this way .. your mates just have LOVE handles :-)

Jeff Gilder said:

The speedo thing is scary, robbie.
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
13 years ago
488 posts
Hahaha. Tim, you always have a great sense of humor and an obvious taste for good food.

Tim Leeming said:
Michael W. Smith
@michael-w-smith
13 years ago
109 posts
This just in ! W will do an Original 22x28" Michael W Smith pencil drawing of the R2S crowned winner sporting his new body. The original drawing comes with (5) 11x14" prints so you can pass them out to your friends. Let go members lets step up with somemore prizes to make this a big deal! Would love to see us all get back in shape! W
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Hmmm...W...his or HER new body.

Michael W. Smith said:
This just in ! W will do an Original 22x28" Michael W Smith pencil drawing of the R2S crowned winner sporting his new body. The original drawing comes with (5) 11x14" prints so you can pass them out to your friends. Let go members lets step up with somemore prizes to make this a big deal! Would love to see us all get back in shape! W

--
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts

Hmm... I am at 133 lbs. Not sure how much I need to shed... 5' 1 1/2" with NO shoes on. I think I've shrunk over the years! Is that possible?

Jeff Gilder said:

Michael W. Smith said:
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
13 years ago
626 posts
OK Im in i need to lose
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
I know I have gotten shorter...at the same time getting wider.

Devin said:

Hmm... I am at 133 lbs. Not sure how much I need to shed... 5' 1 1/2" with NO shoes on. I think I've shrunk over the years! Is that possible?

Jeff Gilder said:

Michael W. Smith said:

--
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts
Yup, Jeff. That is exactly what I mean. :) I think I shrunk in height and developed "love handles," as Lady Barb said. My driver's license says 5' 3'! Anyhow, count me in. I definitely need to lose at least 10 lbs, I think.

Jeff Gilder said:
I know I have gotten shorter...at the same time getting wider.

Devin said:

Jeff Gilder said:

Michael W. Smith said:
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

--
Michael W. Smith
@michael-w-smith
13 years ago
109 posts
Carol had a good Idea. Thought it would be good to throw out a group goal of all that enter. I think that would be fun and give us a team focus! That way the members that don't have as much to loose as others can do thier part. W
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Lol...BB

Billy Biscoe (arustyracer) said:
Larger Clothes? ? ? At my house Karen switched laundry detergents and it made ALL my clothes shrink, made it hard for me to button shirts then in a matter of just weeks it happen to most of my pants too ! It pays to read those detergent labels to get the best results....BB in ther big "D"

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Project R2S begins in 20 days! Get ready.

--
Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
13 years ago
171 posts
Count me in. No more "Brown Cow Binges" for me, Jo!! LOL The thing is men lose weight faster than women but I want and need to be in the competition. Thanks for offering this, Jeff!
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts

Guess what I just did, Jeff?

>>>>>>>Drum roll, please.......

>>>>>>>

Walked a mile!!! Guess where?! Also, did some scouting:)

Jeff Gilder said:

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
wooohooo! Two laps?

Devin said:

>>>>>>>

Jeff Gilder said:

--
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts

yup, almost. .75 and the rest were measured with pedometer as I did quite a bit of walking the perimeter. 2000-2025 steps equal 1 mile.

I actually headed out for a scooter ride...battery was dead so I took off to get a new battery whichwere out of stock so I have it coming from Charlotte Monday..then since I'm not really into the superbowl I headed to HCS in order to prepare for upcoming activities! :)

Jeff Gilder said:

wooohooo! Two laps?

Devin said:

>>>>>>>

Jeff Gilder said:

Hilda Crain
@hilda-crain
13 years ago
3 posts

Hey Jeff didn't know you had such long range vision. This challenge is aimed at me I think. I have to lose about 25 pounds and I need all the help I can get. Count me in.

Hilda