Racers Reunion Outreach

Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
To all,I am Pastor Ken Sharpe of Level Cross, NC. My wife and I have a Church in the Level Cross area. We are right in the shadows of the old Petty Enterprises, and home place.Jeff Gilder has given me the title of the Official Chaplain of Racers Reunion Outreach. I accept this position with great honor and humbleness, giving thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ.This is a Christian ministry and outreach to the racer's and members of the Racer's Reunion. This is an outreach ministry that is going to be dedicated to our Lord. We are dedicated to the serving of all those who are in need, in any way.I am open to any ideas and suggestions from all. I have several ideas already, but always open to new ones.Please pray that God will use this ministry to help and serve others through Him.Please pray for us, for the growth of this ministry.If you have any prayer needs, that you want prayer for. Please post it here. If you have a prayer need that you do not want made public. Please email me directly at PastorKen@flowingriverfellowship.org.Thanks to all, and May God bless you!Pastor Ken Sharpe
updated by @ken-sharpe: 12/03/16 05:47:56PM
BethNJ
@bethnj
16 years ago
8 posts
Welcome and glad to have you here Pastor Ken Sharpe! I don't know if you knew or heard of Rev. pat who used to be a Racers Pastor until his death a few years ago, I was going through some difficult time and Rev. Pat was most helpful in getting me through it all. He became a good friend and I had friend who personally knew him that was in racing. I never met him but felt like I had.I am looking forward to having a prayer forum here! Thanks!
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
Beth,I have never heard of Rev. Pat, but I would have loved to have met him. It sounds like he was an awesome man of God.If you have any needs that we can pray for over you or your family or loved ones, please feel free to let me know, either by posting here, or if you had rather not make these public. You can email them to me at PastorKen@flowingriverfellowship.org . Please keep Racers Reunion Outreach in your prayers.Pastor Ken
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
Hack,Thank you for the kind words, these words go a long way in my heart.I feel that this is a needed ministry for this group as it is growing greatly. There are many needs that can be helped, in the Racers Reunion community through an outreach like this.I know of some already and hearing of more and more daily. We all know that many, many of the pioneers of the sport, did not get those multi million dollar contracts and big money in their careers. These folks come to mind immediately.As well as the outreach part of this ministry goes, we are also a ministry that folks can come to ask questions about the Lord, and seek His salvation as well too. All they have to do is come and ask. Please keep us in your prayers, Hack.Pastor Ken
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
I would like to share this with all. This is awesome, feel free to copy and sebd this out anyone that you want to, This speaks volumes;May God Bless America - In God We TrustI FIND IT INTERESTING THAT A HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL CAN SEE THE PROBLEM, BUT NOT OUR SOCIETY. IF I OFFENDED ANYONE BY THIS, I REALLY DON'T APOLOGIZE.Subject: Tennessee Football--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at RoaneCounty High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "a n alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."However, if anyone uses th is facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff an d students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time." Ho wever, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROMReligion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER."
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
At 6:30am on August 30th, 2008, Ken Sharpe saidWe will be praying for the the Glover family at this time.We pray that the Lord will have His hand around that family at this time of suffering and hurting. We know that Gene is in the hands of the Lord now. While we are saddened by this, we must also know that Gene is at Home now and no more pain and suffering, in this earthly body. He is in the heavenly race now, with the greats that have gone before him in racing.He is with the Lord now. Knowing this and keeping this in mind, brings a smile and a time to be happy for he has gone home and is with our creator now.In Jesus name, Amen.At 3:18pm on August 29th, 2008, Haskell (Hack) McKee saidHey Pastor Ken: I talked to Mrs.Gene Glover today.She was very sad and depressed over her husbands death. Lets all remember her in our thoughts and prayers. In some way members, please try to let her know she's not foregoten.Crewcheif Tony Glover was Gene's son.Comment Back View Thread
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
Folks,If you wish to be a part of the Racers Reunion Outreach. Please sign up on the Racers Reunion Outreach, club page. I am going to be using this club page to correspond and email those who wish to be a part of this great Outreach.This Outreach is being created to eventually be able to aid and assist those who made racing what it is. These are the fore runners to the success of NASCAR. These are the folks who raced on the shoestring budgets, without insurance, high dollar backing, or high dollar wins.These folks mostly invested all that they made in a race back into their racecars. There are many of these folks, who are in need of assistance today.The Outreach wants to be able to aid these folks in any way that we can.We need your input and assistance, if you would like to be a part of the History of NASCAR, sign on and let these folk know that you care.Pastor Ken