Dad Passed on Oct. 28,2008

Jimmy4
@jimmy4
16 years ago
4 posts
Some of you may already know this but Dad passed away Tuesday Oct 28, 2008 His cancer was not in remission but had not grown or spread, then about 3 weeks ago he developed Pseudomonas pneumonia. This is a very bad pneumonia which attacks weakened immune systems. They tried treating him with very strong antibiotic and pain medications. Eventually we had to put him on a ventilator to help him breathe as he was having such a difficult time doing that. With that tube down his throat we could only communicate with him by him shaking his head yes or no. He has suffered for 3 years now starting with the sciatic pain in his hip and leg and then the cancer which really took its tole on him. The chemo and radiation made him so sick and weak and lost weight. He just never really regained his strength after that. He had good days and bad but when he got the pneumonia that really got the best of him because of his weakened condition.He was in ICU for 6 days and they told us there was nothing more they could do, as the med's were the strongest they could use So we told them to take him off the ventilator. But before they did this his vital signs starting slipping and he passed away in his sleep. He is at rest now and not hurting.Just wanted to inform you as to what's going on as sad as it is. I will be in touch later and bring you up to date.Online Obituaries
updated by @jimmy4: 12/03/16 05:48:01PM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
16 years ago
1,783 posts
Jimmy,I am very sorry to hear that sad news...but as you say, he is no longer suffering. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Jeff

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Jimmy4
@jimmy4
16 years ago
4 posts
ty very much. everything went very well. He's resting peacefuly now and he's up in heaven Rejoicing. Its still very very hard but i know it will get better. thank you so much for your prayers...
Jimmy4
@jimmy4
16 years ago
4 posts
that is so true about god knows whats best for all of us. He's up there now preparing a place for us when we get up there to join him. Dad and i worked alot together thru construction and alot of other things and we were very tight. We were dad and son but we were best buddies, friends, workers, and also dad and son. I know he's better off and not in any more pain. We spent 6 months at MD ANderson Cancer Hospital in Houston,Tx. with Kemo and radiation, ANd was actually feeling better but the pneumonia and his weak imune system from fighting the cancer just wasn't strong enough to fight off that disease. That does make it some what easier knowing he's not in any more pain,but it still hurts but i guess it will get better with time. God knows he did his job down here and it was time for him to go Home and be with the Lord. Thanks again for all your prayers and i'm also sorry to hear of your moms passing also.
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
Jimmy,I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your father. This brings back floods of memories of when my father passed 4 1/2 years ago.Death is something that we never want to accept, but yet we know it is coming. Having read the notes so far, I understand that your father was a Christian. With this in mind, we know where he is today. We no longer pray for him, for he is walking the streets of gold and enjoying his rewards in Heaven. Having said this, in as much as I know that you and your family is suffering at this time of transition and loss, we cannot help but have a smile on our face and know that he is at rest and at home now. He is no longer suffering, he is no longer in pain. With that we rejoice.Heaven is a bit brighter today, by his presence there now.When someone passes, we follow the Word of God and we return the earthly body back to the earth. But is just that a earthly body. When we are followers of Christ, we have that eternal life in heaven and do not need the earthly body anymore.Jimmy, if you need anything, comfort an ear to listen, please do not hesitate to call me on my cell at 1-336-456-6046. We are praying for you and your family at this time. Remember to press into the Father, our Heavenly Father, and He is there. He brings comfort, and reassurance at a time as this, but also always as well too.Pastor Ken SharpeRacers Reunion Outreach Chaplain
David Staten
@david-staten
16 years ago
6 posts
Jimmy: I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad to cancer 3 years ago, so I know what you are going thru. Keep your head up brother, my prayers go out to you and your family. Here is a poem that has helped me and I hope it helps you. DavidTo my dearest family, some things I'd like to say...but first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above.Here, there's no more tears of sadness; here is just eternal love.Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.Remember that I'm with you every morning, noon and night.That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you."It's good to have you back again; you were missed while you were gone.As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on.I need you here badly; you're part of my plan.There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man.God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight.God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving yearsbecause you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain.Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.But if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;but together we can do it by taking one day at a time.It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too...that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain,then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain."And now I am contented....that my life has been worthwhile,knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile.So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low,just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.When you're walking down the street, and you've got me on your mind;I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.And when it's time for you to go.... from that body to be free,remember you're not going.....you're coming here to me.Ruth Ann Mahaffey (author)Copyright 1998-2008
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
16 years ago
214 posts
my prayer and thoughts to you and family.i lost my father dec.13,2007
tom white
@tom-white
16 years ago
2 posts
sorry to here about the passing of your dad,just remember that he is suffering no more.and our prayers are with all of ya'll...tom white
Jimmy4
@jimmy4
16 years ago
4 posts
Beautiful beautiful poem. I will make sure and send this to my mom,sister and my brother. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!
Edwin Sibley
@edwin-sibley
16 years ago
22 posts
I lost my dad twenty years ago, Jimmy. It is a sad day, especially for sons. My dad was a great man of integrity, as I'm sure you dad was. I stand with you in grief at your loss. May blessed assurance comfort your heart.All HIS best,Edwin
benny king
@benny-king
15 years ago
1 posts
verry sad, God bless you and your family.