FORUM POSTS

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Question: What would you folks like to see as, say a weekly Forum Post writtenby yours truly? Comments on the current race week? Most historic stories? Personal memory stories of my years around racing? Perhaps nothing at all. Just post your responses and I'll see what I can come up with to keep posts flowing,.

Thanks.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Or, we could run a fiction story of a race team. A weekly serial from the imagination of my own little brain.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
8 years ago
835 posts

I find most of what you post entertaining but I like the historical reports with personal comments the best. That's my two cents worth :)

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
8 years ago
4,073 posts

Agreed. My participation at RR from the time I joined has for the most part been to learn about racing history and share the meager bit I know myself. I'll chime in from time to time to current state of racing. But there seems to be more than enough venues to do that. Good info re: history is what this site provides best IMO.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

I agree with Dennis also, We have enough fiction coming out of Nascar to keep us hungry for the history of our wonderful sport. Its an added blessing to get the personal additions which help us remember the details we all crave.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Yes to history.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Russell Rector
@russell-rector
8 years ago
80 posts

I really enjoy reading about the history of NASCAR. Back then it seems the powers to be had at better grip on reality instead of thefantasy comingout ofNASCAR now.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Ok, it appears History has won thus far and I love writing about history., My only issue here is that I've been writing about it so long I may become repetitious and I would hate that. You all have to promise to call me out on it. Another problem is that you guys who responded at better at the history than am I. So I already know what you're doing, or at least what I hope you're doing. You're going to let me write the story, throw in my own memories as applicable and then you will start adding your memories. Nothing could be finer!!! The History Minutes I used to do, when added to by Dave, Chase, Dennis and others, at times, became a really big thing which Chase has carried on admirably. If we can get something like that going again, we will be rocking. We are the history site. That's what we're about, and that is as it should be. Thank you all.

--

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Hey, Tim...there may be a few others like myself who are becoming forgetful and won't remember if you repeat!!

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Dave, I can't believe you would forget anything!!!!

--

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

How about if one is spun off of a great drive from years ago. Those I like to do

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Go fer it Johnny.

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Johnny and the one you did, which I read this morning, is absolutely awesome. Only one thing I can add: MORE, MORE, MORE.

--

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Seems this got washed down to the (almost lost)side of this forum. I thought the subject was to raise awareness to this site. I can bang these little stories out almost every nite but if we dont have peoples names that draw attention then I dont know.

Tim there were several times you and I rubbed fenders from Ga to almost NC. put your remember when tape in and get those on here. Dave ,the person you are and was have boundless tales. Put them in script Bill you told a few of what I know only scratched the surface.

IF WE DONT TELL IT NOW THE HEARAFTER, I DONT THINK, HAS A HOTLINE TO RACERS REUNION,at least not yet so guys and gals this is what we are, the knowledge of yesterday that needs told for tomorrow.

The world is waiting,why cant it be us that waves the flag !!!!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Johnny, you are exactly right!! I've been concentrating on NASCAR history and will continue to do that. I've had to take a couple weeks off writing due to my schedule but I am hoping to return to the weekly articles at least by the first week of September. It would be a good think to talk about the races we ran and the people we ran against. The weekly races in which we competed. Oh that would be fun but I always get too personal with the memories and my memory is not nearly a 10th of what your's is. But let's give ita try!!! I'm game. A most excellent idea Mr. Master!

--