Indy Nationwide Crowd??

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

I know Indy has a LOT of seats.

However, most of them appear empty to me for the Nationwide race.

Will be interesting to see what kind of creative counting they come with for an attendance "estimate."

Gotta run..... competition caution coming up.

Don't think we had those at the Kroger 200 at IRP did we? I do know we had folks in those stands.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Carol Bell
@carol-bell
12 years ago
36 posts

The Danica Patrick 250 is underway. Hope the 250 people in the stands enjoy it.

Carol Bell
@carol-bell
12 years ago
36 posts

.................(well, that was tacky, wasn't it?..............)

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
12 years ago
4,073 posts
Wonder if Kurt Busch's obscenities echoed off the roof of the stands.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

I only saw the last restart (19 to go) and it looked like it was a freakin' spectator race crowd or something. I'll bet if they left it at the short track, it would've been full! And plus, Nascar really screwed Elliott Sadler....they want a rookie, in a black #3 to win the championship................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Cody, I, too, thought Elliott got the short end of the stick from what I could see and hear.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Sounded like they were bleeping a mouthful. I noted the ESPN reporter later mentioned Kurt hadn' had time to talk to them as the camera showed him observing the work under the wheelwell. Good thing I guess.

--
Christopher Krul
@christopher-krul
12 years ago
119 posts

I'd like to see them run the roadcourse at Indianapolis. But the Nationwide Series is just Cup Series Lite now. I would watch the Nationwide Series races if would not race at the same track the cup guys run on a weekend. The series I think needs to have it's own identity.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Very ,just like red dirt :)

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

He's an under-the-radar-flyer, but Uncle Jim was in on the Indy/Nationwide debacle too. The Frances, correctly, knew a lot was riding on their total Indy weekend. The upcoming TV contracts, the flagging Nationwide Series, and the fizzling Brickyard 400 itself. The game plan was to make a three-day Speedway/NASCAR extravaganza that would ,somehow, produce a sum greater than its individual components.

Again, it was another high-stakes gamble waged by the Frances, that runs the risk of loosing the tradition-laden IRP fan. (a'la' Darlington, Rockingham, and Wilkesboro) Time will tell if this grand experiment is successful. However, NASCAR has been loosing their own bets for years, now, and this one don't appear to be any different.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

There's a reason Jimmy's brother ran NASCAR and Jimmy was given the scraps.

--
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Bet "W" had more people at his show than Brian did at his Just considering you know

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
12 years ago
209 posts

No comment. I messed up my entry. Trying to multi task. ha.

It was a snide remark about 2 or 3 posts anyway. Not yours though. lol

Robert Staley
@robert-staley
12 years ago
86 posts

i was scratching my head trying to figure out how they could get sadler for jumping and not dillon. i saw the NASCAR machine at its worst in 2008 when local hero peyton sellers was stripped of a win at greenville on a non-advantage rules infraction so dillon could score his first NASCAR win in an east series race. yeah, it made a lot more news for the childress grandson to win than sellers. looks like the scam is still on.