RacersReunion.com is 2 years old today, January 25, 2010!

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
Looking for a way to properly recognize the many veterans of stock car racing, our goal was to do something that would extend the efforts of my mentor and friend, Paul Lewis. Paul started a group called Racers Reunion some 16 years ago in East Tennessee. Paul and I felt there were folks "on the other side of the mountain" who might appreciate a similar group organized to pay tribute to the pioneers of racing. On January 25, 2008 I emailed the link to what is now the stock car site to 15 people. I think it worked! Happy birthday, RacersReunion...and many thanks to all of you who have since looked at millions of pages of RacersReunion history and have referred the site to your friends.!! We do not advertise the site...for fear of attracting "the wrong crowd". It is our gaol to maintain the integrity of the site...to enjoy racing history without the drama that is associated with many "current racing sites". So, once again...many thanks to all of you who continue to spread the word.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 03/09/19 06:23:53PM
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
Jeff, would you consider contacting Chris Browning at Darlington Speedway and incorporate your idea during their Vintage weekend for 2011?
Frank Craig
@frank-craig
14 years ago
71 posts
Thanks Paul Lewis and Jeff Gilder for opening up a new world to so many young people.It makes me proud to call you all friends.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
Brian,Some the Darlington staff there are members here. We went to their first festival...and made the decision not to attend the last one for a variety of reasons. We're always open to supporting any event or group that holds preserving our racing heritage as its primary goal. They have the facility and the show that should attract large crowds...but they have failed to do that both years. I think their problem is rather obvious....but I won't get into that for now. Brian Janik said:
Jeff, would you consider contacting Chris Browning at Darlington Speedway and incorporate your idea during their Vintage weekend for 2011?

--
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
That's sad to hear that Darlington has no intrest in expanding their racing heritage. Darlington is in a hotbed of racing heritage. I would be the first inline to meet you, Bobby Williamson, jr miller,burt myers, andy towler, etc. Maybe Bowman Grey would host a Vintage weekend? Racers reunion obviously has a huge following, now all you need to find a place to bring eveyone togeather,,,in person. Jeff Gilder said:
Brian,
Some the Darlington staff there are members here. We went to their first festival...and made the decision not to attend the last one for a variety of reasons. We're always open to supporting any event or group that holds preserving our racing heritage as its primary goal. They have the facility and the show that should attract large crowds...but they have failed to do that both years. I think their problem is rather obvious....but I won't get into that for now.
Brian Janik said:
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
Brian,Make plans now to attend our Love Chevrolet Columbia Speedway RacersReunion April 14 -17. You'll get to meet thousands of RR supporters. Brian Janik said:
That's sad to hear that Darlington has no intrest in expanding their racing heritage. Darlington is in a hotbed of racing heritage. I would be the first inline to meet you, Bobby Williamson, jr miller,burt myers, andy towler, etc. Maybe Bowman Grey would host a Vintage weekend? Racers reunion obviously has a huge following, now all you need to find a place to bring eveyone togeather,,,in person.

Jeff Gilder said:
Brian,
Some the Darlington staff there are members here. We went to their first festival...and made the decision not to attend the last one for a variety of reasons. We're always open to supporting any event or group that holds preserving our racing heritage as its primary goal. They have the facility and the show that should attract large crowds...but they have failed to do that both years. I think their problem is rather obvious....but I won't get into that for now.
Brian Janik said:

--
Jay Sellers
@jay-sellers
14 years ago
65 posts
Happy Birthday Racersreunion.I was the 1000th person to sign up, and won a T shirt.That turned out to be one of the best things that's ever happened in my life.Joining Racersreunion, not the T shirt,although I have made several videos wearing it.Meeting Jeff Gilder changed my life. He is a one of a kind, that has created a one of a kind.It's amazing how he and Dustin, Tim, Robbie, and so many others have kept the site from becoming like the other racing sites, or like any other internet site for that matter.I was impressed from the start that it was so family orientated.Believe it or not,one of the first things I noticed was there was no bad language,and nothing negative or offensive.I'd never seen that before.I have no problem pulling up Racersreunion with one of my Grand daughters sitting on my lap asking me what everything is, and reading out loud everything on the page.Jeff and Racersreunion has been a great inspiration to me.I only see good things for the future, and I'm very proud to be a part of the Racersreunion family.Thanks for everything Jeff.
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
Jeff, April is a good time as long as the snow here in Western Ma.is all gone. Jeff Gilder said:
Brian,
Make plans now to attend our Love Chevrolet Columbia Speedway RacersReunion April 14 -17. You'll get to meet thousands of RR supporters.

Brian Janik said:
That's sad to hear that Darlington has no intrest in expanding their racing heritage. Darlington is in a hotbed of racing heritage. I would be the first inline to meet you, Bobby Williamson, jr miller,burt myers, andy towler, etc. Maybe Bowman Grey would host a Vintage weekend? Racers reunion obviously has a huge following, now all you need to find a place to bring eveyone togeather,,,in person.

Jeff Gilder said:
Brian,
Brian Janik said:
Mike Sykes2
@mike-sykes2
14 years ago
18 posts
jEFF i FOR ONE LOVED THE SITE SO MUCH i HAD TO JOIN TWICE. i THINK YOU KICKED ME OFF ONCE AND I JOINED AGAIN. BUT SERIOUSLY ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE HOW MANY 24 HOUR DAYS AND ALL THE HARD WORK AND LOVE OF EACH OF THESE FANS YOU AND BIG D HAVE GIVEN OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS. YOU HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH SUCH PEOPLE AS ME AND THAT CAN BE A FULL TIME JOB IN IT'S SELF SO ON BEHALF OF ALL OF THE HISTORY OF STOCK CAR RACING FANS I SALUTE YOU THE THE BIG D AND ALL YOUR VOLUNTEERS FOR HAVING THIS GREAT SITE.KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB AND WE WILL BE HERE FOR ALONG TIME.
Dale Dodge Jr
@dale-dodge-jr
14 years ago
16 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RR and belated to Jeff too. I am very proud to be a part of this great organization! Sad to have only met a a very few. It's difficult with my schedule. Some of the best people in the sport are sharing photos and information from the past. The true un-recognised pioneers that have done so very much and recieved so very little. Thank you all for what you have done and are doing for this great sport of auto racing. My hats off to you and a standing ovation. Best of luck to all and many many more years to come.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
Thanks very much!!!

--
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
It's so refreshing to interact with good racing people who know the past. I'm so glad I found RR and have the freedom to share some stories of the past, both from Nascar and on a local level. Thanks to Jeff, Dustin, Tim, Robbie, Jim Seay and Paul for making me feel welcome even though I'm a Northerner.Pete
John Montera
@john-montera
14 years ago
3 posts
Jeff, Thank you very much for creating RacersReunion. I've met some great people thru the site and it has been invaluable to me in researching Metrolina Speedway. We have our grand (re)opening on May 15 and 16 and I would love to plan something with RacersReunion for the event. A lot of the members either raced there or watched friends race there so its important to me to recognize the tracks history and bring back that saturday night.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
John,Let us know what we can do to help! I am committed to an event in VA that week end, but might be able to work out something with Jerry Smith, our STARS Radio host to cover the event....if he is not already booked.Jeff John Montera said:
Jeff, Thank you very much for creating RacersReunion. I've met some great people thru the site and it has been invaluable to me in researching Metrolina Speedway. We have our grand (re)opening on May 15 and 16 and I would love to plan something with RacersReunion for the event. A lot of the members either raced there or watched friends race there so its important to me to recognize the tracks history and bring back that saturday night.

--
Mike Ray
@mike-ray
14 years ago
41 posts
Thank you Jeff,I met some really great people at the N.C. Racing Expo a couple of weeks back here in Raleighwood.I'm sorry Sandra and myself couldn't attend last weekend's Moonshine Event in Mt.Airy,maybe next year.Congrats on the site,it's a winner!peace,out.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Last March I was in hot pursuit of a modified I had just read about in North Carolina and clicked on a link and thats when I got spun out there in the middle of my page, there staring me dead in the eyes was a link to a place I never heard of before. It said something to the fact of where racers meet or something to the fact,it was actually connected to the car link I was after too.Well I clicked on the link,merely out of curiosity and,well the rest is history. I think I stayed up half the night looking at what this site had to offer and well im stuck here for eternity, or until something better comes along, thats also in the class of when elephants fly.Oh by the way,that car I was hunting well it disappeared into oblivion. The rest is history except I also found a long lost friend,well he wasnt a friend back then to much, but we solved our differences and now are best friends and still rival racers on the track and off .Tim and myself even got on camera and settled our feud . Thanks Jeff Gilder for all you have done
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
14 years ago
214 posts
it a honor to be with racersreuion thanks so must jeff gilder and paul lewis and everybody that with racersreuion
Michael W. Smith
@michael-w-smith
14 years ago
109 posts
Thanks to The Big D, Jeff and Paul and everyone that is a part of RR Happy Birthday!
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
14 years ago
488 posts
Happy Birthday Racers Reunion! RR.com has enriched a lot of people's lives and many, many new friends made through the vision of Jeff Gilder. As always, thanks Jeff and Dustin for all you do.
Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
14 years ago
63 posts
Happy B-day RR. I want to thank Jeff so much for telling me about this great site at our first meeting at Rockingham. I love it here and I plan on staying around as long as you guys will have me.
GREG CHAPMAN
@greg-chapman
14 years ago
1 posts
thanks jeff for all that you do.............and thank you to everyone that has contributed with great discussions -photos-memories..............here's to many more b-days...........
Bill Hupp
@bill-hupp
14 years ago
32 posts
You know, one thing I've learned about life is that there is very little that is the "be all and end all". I stumbled across this site (and it's companions) while seeking info about a reunion for a now extinct local track. At first, it was merely refreshing to discuss racing with folks who knew more than just Dale Jr.Then everything kind of exploded. In exploring the web to find pics to contribute I have come across sites on old British stock car and drag racing, I have found pics of some of the local stuff around here in NE Ohio (including some dear old friends), I have learned there was a supermod built (and banned) with 3 wheels on one side and only 1 on the other, I found a pic from the very first drag race I attended, but most importantly, I have made friends with and bench-raced with folks who actually remember Friday Hassler or Maynard Troyer or Buddy Arrington. And that is the real pleasure this site offers.Thank you Jeff. Thank you Pete. Thank you Robbie and Ray and Johnny and RJ and all the others that make RR what it is.
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
14 years ago
209 posts
Happy Birthday Racers Reunion. I am so glad that I was directed to this site. It is GREAT in that it gives recognition to a lot of people that otherwise would not receive any. With photos and profiles these people can now receive the recognition that they so deserve for their participation in the greatest sport there is. Those that participated are also the greatest people I have had the pleasure of knowing. They will race you hard and heavy and then when they park it they will help you work on yours to make it run better. Where else can you find that in any sport.
RICK GEORGESON
@rick-georgeson
14 years ago
3 posts
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish to RACERS REUNION. I really appreciate everything you guys do to bringthe true history of racing to all of us. THANKS!!!RICK GEORGESON
heath parker
@heath-parker
14 years ago
1 posts
you know friday had 3 boys bobby,tommy and jay ..... jay is a race car driver also Bill Hupp said:
You know, one thing I've learned about life is that there is very little that is the "be all and end all". I stumbled across this site (and it's companions) while seeking info about a reunion for a now extinct local track. At first, it was merely refreshing to discuss racing with folks who knew more than just Dale Jr.Then everything kind of exploded. In exploring the web to find pics to contribute I have come across sites on old British stock car and drag racing, I have found pics of some of the local stuff around here in NE Ohio (including some dear old friends), I have learned there was a supermod built (and banned) with 3 wheels on one side and only 1 on the other, I found a pic from the very first drag race I attended, but most importantly, I have made friends with and bench-raced with folks who actually remember Friday Hassler or Maynard Troyer or Buddy Arrington. And that is the real pleasure this site offers.
Thank you Jeff. Thank you Pete. Thank you Robbie and Ray and Johnny and RJ and all the others that make RR what it is.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
Thanks Billy!!! It's folks like you and Ms. Karen that make this deal so special!! Billy Biscoe (arustyracer) said:
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY* to Paul Lewis, Jeff Gilder, His big Ox son Dustin,Kay, Misty,Love Cheverolet, and a whole host of other friends whom put in countless hours to make R/R such a sucess that remembers those that bulit the sport to the level it has become by NASCAR's following, as well as NHRA and other racing sactioning bodies.Even to the local short track bull rings that hold events every fri. and sat. nites.I'm the lucky one to have, tagged along with Mike Sykes to the Gray Tire Open house in Bristol Tn. This site has been my BEST THERAPY since my racing carear ended in 1999. The only thing that could be better is for Eli to make it his birthday too ! Keep up the GOOD work and please don't hesitate to call or ask me for anything to help along the way.I'm proud to wear R/R colors anyplace, anytime.Best wishes for the laps ahead, Billy Biscoe (arustyracer).

--
Wayne Wilson
@wayne-wilson
14 years ago
39 posts
I can't remember how I spent my free time before Racer's Reunion, but whatever it was wasn't nearly as enjoyable. Thanks to everyone that has contributed. There have been a lot of things accompolished in the last two years, and I believe this is just the beginning. Thanks Jeff and the rest of the "crew".