LEFT LANE CLOSED AHEAD, MERGE RIGHT

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts

If I didn't know better, I would swear the South Carolina DOT is in Daytona working on the track. 49 guys standing around watching and one poor guy shoveling asphalt in the hole. I would think the best solution would be to put a sign on the straightaway stating "Left Lane closed ahead, merge right". Works fine for road crews and the drivers on the road are much less accustomed to rapid adustments behind the wheel than these guys. Besides that, I know Daytona Speedway has thousands upon thousands of those orange traffic cones around. It just can't be that difficult. Come on guys, I want to see some racing.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Devin
@devin
14 years ago
618 posts
Agreed. Shouldn't be so difficult, or rather take so long given the resources available to NASCAR. Hopefully, this second round of repairs will not take so long.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
I could fix it...lol. they could go to Lowes and get a bag of asphalt patch...mix in a little quick setting portland cement...problem solved.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
Tim, if it was Michigan DOT, they would have left it. Wouldn't show up for months. They come out and look at potholes when it swallows a car!! Then we drive over it.lolPete
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
BUT TIM you got 2 count them two siestas all to the thanks of your good friend Brian and his "P O T" hole
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
a bag of quickcrete and 30 min later its harder than Brians head Jeff Gilder said:
I could fix it...lol. they could go to Lowes and get a bag of asphalt patch...mix in a little quick setting portland cement...problem solved.
angie  pastor
@angie-pastor
14 years ago
27 posts
HAHA, this is funny! I have to laugh about the Michigan comment! You are 100% right on that. I also have to say that red flags and all, that was a very exciting race! At the end my 2 year old son was at the TV screaming GO JR GO!!! HAHA Little guy loves JR!
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
If that was MASS. DOT the sign would have read FROST HEAVE ahead, pass at your own risk and the sign placed in the first turn. Then no one would have to be paid to lean on a shovel. I'm happy they did not put a steel plate over it. But when everything is said and done NASCAR stepped up and fix a problem that should never took place. Did you notice that none of the announcers mentioned the word CRACK in the track repair if they did then...JM and BF would have been called in to evaluate the CRACK