How did YOU like it?

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
I thought this was some of the best plate racing in a long time. Obviously the red flags were unfortunate. But all in all some pretty good racing!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
I totally agree Jeff. I'm putting some thoughts in Forum in a bit, but it was excellent racing.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Devin
@devin
14 years ago
618 posts
Me too! Agree, despite the pot holes. I didn't fall asleep and I cut two calls short in order to watch the finish.I am happy for Jamie and Jr.
S.T.A.R.S. Radio
@stars-radio
14 years ago
514 posts
Jeff without a doubt one of the best since 2001, which was one of the best for the racing aspect. But obviously one of the saddest due to the lost the best plate racers ever.
Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
14 years ago
53 posts
Great racing! I think its time to repave Daytona now. 32 years is too long on the same asphalt. Glad Jamie won though. And was nice to see a driver show his emotions in victory lane. Sure beats the heck out of the scripted robot driver personality.
Dale Dodge Jr
@dale-dodge-jr
14 years ago
16 posts
Great for him. glad to see Jamie win. Hope many more to come. Just wondering where his car owner was?
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Jamie is a driver that has fell on hard times as far as a driver in Nascar goes,he has been bounced around from one team to another kinda like a fill in car or maybe a test car of sorts. It amazed me that he was picked up by DEI and Chip because he had already been there,but he came out of the hole with a vengeance this year with a mission on his mind. Think back to all his other rides and did you ever see the determination look in his eyes that he has now. He is another one of the Missouri boys that has the desire. Now he has the win,I only hope this wasnt a freak win for him because he deserves better. Jr was on a hunt there at the last coming thru the pack like I remember another driver of past do. But lets not get hasty here, there are one or two more races at least for the two of them to tackle and one of them win. It would be neat to see them do battle all year and through the chase,but thats at least a few weeks off, time will tell
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
This was a one of the best racing I have seen in years. Unfortunatly track upkeep is a disgrace and is well below the level it should be at, for this level of racing.,,,Who owns the track?
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
14 years ago
626 posts
Good race way to go Jamie and Chip G
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
It's amazing how a little less restricter can improve racing. Now if we could only get stock appearing cars
J.C. HAYES
@jc-hayes
14 years ago
37 posts
I WAS THE BEST DAYTONA 500 IN A VERY LONG TIME