NASCAR driver dispute resolution concept

David Bentley
@david-bentley
14 years ago
9 posts
Hey, I think Nascar is missing an opportunity to boostinterest in racing and add revenue. Here's my idea, instead of that goofy talent show thing Speed is doing, why not a Tuesday night fight card for any drivers who want to vent their frustrations with each other from the previous weekend event, Sprint Cup, Nationwide or Trucks. They could make them wear the protective headgear and boxing gloves and slug it out til they were satisfied. If you thought they'd cool down too much by Tuesday, just set the ring up at the track and let them go at it after the race. They could air it live on Speed right after the race. This wouldsave on crashed and destroyed race cars and keep drivers and fans safer. Just a thought. :)
updated by @david-bentley: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
I really like that idea, David. I feel though they would have to fight while the emotions are high and the owners and handlers haven't talked them down. Maybe the drivers would think twice about intentionally wrecking someone if they had to fight with their fists instead of hiding behind a 3500 lb. race car. I vote YES!!Pete
Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
14 years ago
242 posts
Mark Martin 140# vs M Waltrope 240#Not fair!Dueling Pistols ? Pete Banchoff said:
I really like that idea, David. I feel though they would have to fight while the emotions are high and the owners and handlers haven't talked them down. Maybe the drivers would think twice about intentionally wrecking someone if they had to fight with their fists instead of hiding behind a 3500 lb. race car. I vote YES!!

Pete
David Bentley
@david-bentley
14 years ago
9 posts
I think your focusing on the wrong proportion Jim, if old Mark lands a jab straight ahead, given the difference in height, I said say Michael will be on the mat pretty quickly. :)