A REDUCTION COMING FROM NASCAR

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

You going to lose horsepower, cubic inches,intake hole size and tire width plus they going to dirty up the cars for next year...

So boys you going to slow down one way or the other..

Robin said the following in the meeting.

"It's not fully appreciated the fact that we've had the same engine for basically 25 or 30 years and it's at 850 or 860 horsepower, where it used to be 500," Pemberton said. "And we are at the same race tracks where we used to run 160 (miles per hour) we're now qualifying at 190 and running 213 going into the corners. There's been a lot of engineering and gains made across the board. Goodyear ... we have the same tire patch as when we started.

"There's been a lot of development over the years to put on good racing," said Pemberton. "And there's a belief that we need to take a set and at least kind of start over a little bit."

So what Will they do, any one got the clue from Brian??

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts
They can't restrict the cars to the point that they are less powerful than a street car. There are about 75 cars sold in the US that have over 500 horsepower, but only six are American. Assuming that my research is correct, they are:Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 505 hpCadillac CTS-V 556 hpChevrolet Camaro ZL1, 580 hpChevrolet Corvette ZR1, 638 hpSRT Viper, 640 hpFord Mustang Shelby GT500 662 hpI think that all except the Viper have at least one supercharger. Toyota is not on the list. Not surprising, as they've only made two performance cars in their 75+ year history.I've said this many times before, but they need to bring power down to the 600-650hp range. 305 cubic inches, Your choice of six or eight cylinders. Heck, put in a V12 if you want to. That wouldn't make them easy to drive because I'd also raise the cars up and limit spoilers to 1968 limits. I'd take an inch of tire away too.They need to get rid of aero-push and restrictor plates. Since lower horsepower would put less strain on the engines, I'd want to find a way to make them blow up more often. Part of the excitement in the fifties and Sixties was the suspense of whether the frontrunners would last the whole race. We need more attrition.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

You tell 'em Andy. I like those thoughts. It would be so nice to never hear "aero push" again.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Wager
@dave-wager
10 years ago
25 posts

Let's see,...less horsepower, less cubic inches, less intake hole size, less tire width and they are going to dirty up the cars for next year.

Yepppeeeee...sounds like everybody's going to be drivin a '60's era dirt modified for next year.

The powers at Nascar needs to rethink some of their latest thoughts on how to increase their weekly paid attendance at these events and 50cent concerts ain't it. This less is more enhancement approach is as ridicules as removing 30k seats at Daytona as to ensure a sellout for each event. (And no kidding, they are doing that as we speak)

If they regress to these changes we'll be back to a 150mph, 43 car wad for 500 miles again and I'm going to take up golf for some excitement.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
10 years ago
1,783 posts

Let httP://thegolfdirector.com book your tee times!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®