Kyle Larson: I've had a theory

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

that's evolved over the years: those destined for greatness, show their hand early.

With a similar backgroundas Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson did not waste much time in demonstrating his talents, lacking one Kyle-Bush-block on the final lap, Larson would have swept the weekend in California, and all in the fifth race of the season. I'm big on Kyle Larson, and was not really surprised at this impressive early success. My only concern with Kyle, is the prowess of his team. Maybe their new alliance with Hendrick has helped.

updated by @bobby-williamson: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Wager
@dave-wager
10 years ago
25 posts

I too am impressed with this young driver's talent level, but I am also very concerned about the hangover side effect of instant success. Namely a swollen head. (expl. Kyle Busch)

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

If they can keep a car under him, the potential seems unlimited.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

I was afraid of him going to Ganassi as they're a B grade team most of the time but maybe learning to push a car that's not the best for all its worth like this will make him even better for when he eventually goes to one of the top teams, which you just know he will. He's too good to lay around at Ganassi.

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts

Larson is definitely the real deal. He's a bit reckless, but that's to be expected for a young racer. He'll make a lot of enemies and that's good for NASCAR. he's on a lousy team, but I've always suspected that Ganassi was doing the minimum necessary to stay in the points and was funneling the prize money to his Indycar operation. He's never had the best of drivers and there was little reason to try hard. But Ganassi is competitive in sports cars and dominant in Indycar. He's notoriously cheap, but he has the experience and money make a push with Larson.

Ultimately, I don't think Ganassi is going to bring game, and Penske will steal him to replace Logano. But Keslowski supposedly has a say in who his teammate is, and he's not going to want to give up any of the spotlight. Maybe Larson will replace Gordon.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

As good as Larson is, it's almost certain he'll land at Hendrick.