J. B. Day passes away

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

It is with a great deal of sorrow that I post this notice. I was informed just a few minutes ago that J. B. Day has passed away. Many of us here at RR knew Mr. Day as someone who revered the history of this sport as do we. He held an annual get-together each June to bring the pioneers of the sport together with fans. In fact, the event this year was set for Sunday, June 1st. No further information is available at this time as to funeral arrangements but I will post same here when available.

God bless the Day family and all the hundreds of friends.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 08/06/18 04:23:58AM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Day.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

My thoughts are with everyone who knew and loved Mr. Day. Very sad news.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

May he rest in peace. I had the pleasure and honor of meeting him in 2009 in the garage at Darlington. He had two vintage cars in the same area and we chatted over the course of a couple days. A friendly classy man and he will be missed by all who knew him.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

God Speed JB

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

I did know Mr. Day personally but Knew him when I saw him and have seen a few of his cars. R.I.P. Mr. Day and I pray for God's comfort for the family.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
10 years ago
1,783 posts

So sad...a great man! God speed, Mr. Day! It was an honor to have known him.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
10 years ago
214 posts
Thanks Tim for keeping us up to date.. J.B.--- R.I.P.ThanksHarlow ReynoldsLynchburg,Va.
Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
10 years ago
123 posts

Thoughts and prayers for Friends and Family. May he RIP, a great person to have known.

LAVERNE ZACHARY
@laverne-zachary
10 years ago
117 posts

So sadened by this news.Mr J.B. Day was very instrumental in helping The Historic Speedway Group

in the beginning at Occoneechee.We will never forget him.Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

May you Rest in Peace and thanks for the memories.

This photo was made in Aug 2010

Randy Myers3
@randy-myers3
10 years ago
23 posts

Mr. Day was a fine man who loved the sport we all enjoy. Wish we all had the respect for history he had. Things won't be the same in June. Rest in peace!

--
Randy Myers
Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
10 years ago
169 posts

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family and friends.

Charles Craig
@charles-craig
10 years ago
57 posts

My invitation came in the mail today too. I thought he may not be having one this year. Sad news as we looked forward to his reunion every June. He was instrumental in giving me the idea for my little "Racing Reunion" each October. He would always speak to us at the show and make us feel welcome. When my health was down he made sure we were given VIP parking treatment. Super human being. Charles Craig

ray lamm
@ray-lamm
10 years ago
214 posts

great friend j.b. was.alway make you feel so welcome at his event every year.j.b will be Miss.my prayers are to mrs. day and family.RIP J.B.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

Thoughts and prayers. Never got to meet Mr. Day, but still, I KNEW him and knew what he stood for....a tremendous fan of the sport and a its history. Impossible to replace. Godspeed.

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
10 years ago
171 posts
RIP J.B. Day. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.