THE RACERS PRAYER

Veronica J Mayne  (Roni)
@veronica-j-mayne-roni
14 years ago
5 posts

Do you Drivers from the late 60's - 70's remember Bro. Bill Frazier (Racers Prayer)

Lord I pray as I race today, keep me safe along the way, Not only me but others too as they perform the jobs they do.

I know GOD, that in a race I the driver must set the pace,

But in this race of life I pray, help me Lord along the way.

Although I know I am a sinner, help me to believe, That with GOD you're always A Winner.

Amen

I found this poster of this prayerthe other day. I thought I would share it with you. Bro Bill Frazier was a traveling Chaplain for the drivers. Maybe you guys can sharesome stories with us you remember about Bro. Bill.

updated by @veronica-j-mayne-roni: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
I do remember Bill and I do remember hearing him pray the prayer. I had forgotten it, stored away in the dusty cobwebs of an old man's brain. Thank you for bringing it back!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Shaun B. Coleman
@shaun-b-coleman
14 years ago
11 posts
indeed... not a religious person here [although raised catholic], but I always take a moment to pray (to whomever is above) before I go out on track, right before they let you out... helps to calm me down and let me know everything is going to be alright :)shaun
Mike Ray
@mike-ray
14 years ago
41 posts
Dear Roni,Thank you for adding this prayer.I do remember it and have used it at track services.Thanks again,peace,out.
Billy & Barbara Scott
@billy-barbara-scott
14 years ago
52 posts
Roni, so happy you, too, have an attachment to the Racers' Prayer. Billy has for years signed so many autographs with the last line of the prayer. When there was a long line or time limit on the autographs he had to move the people along to the next driver in line. If you will go to Billy's pictures, you will see his Racing Retirement Bannquet memorabillia and notice the last line of the second page of the program, there you will see the Checkered flag and the Christian flag, with the words between them, "With God You Are Always a Winner". Those words have always been near and dear to our hearts!!!!We also have many more pages to post with our pictures and many of them have the same thing. Be sure to pull up our pictures and take a look.God loves you and so do we,Billy and Barbara
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
14 years ago
308 posts
Roni this prayer was on all of the grand national and late model sportsmen cars in the early 70's and most modified cars when they ran with the grand nationals. Bro. Bill would come around and give each car one at every race that didn't have one and most drivers were happy to get them and put them on thier dashes. Thanks for reminding us about this prayer. Billy Biscoe probaly has a few stashed somewhere.
Shaun B. Coleman
@shaun-b-coleman
14 years ago
11 posts
Hi Mike, any chance I could get ahold of one of these for the old #46 of Roy's ? It would be great to have in the car for its first time out --- not overly religious here but I could use all the help I can get! :)shaun Mike Sykes said:
Roni this prayer was on all of the grand national and late model sportsmen cars in the early 70's and most modified cars when they ran with the grand nationals. Bro. Bill would come around and give each car one at every race that didn't have one and most drivers were happy to get them and put them on thier dashes. Thanks for reminding us about this prayer. Billy Biscoe probaly has a few stashed somewhere.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
believe I have one packed away too glad you brought this up, I will dig mine out and mount it in my coupe--thanks mike for jogging the memory Shaun B. Coleman said:
Hi Mike, any chance I could get ahold of one of these for the old #46 of Roy's ? It would be great to have in the car for its first time out --- not overly religious here but I could use all the help I can get! :)

shaun

Mike Sykes said:
Veronica J Mayne  (Roni)
@veronica-j-mayne-roni
14 years ago
5 posts
Shaun, It is great you are asking for one for dad's old car because he had one in there all the time. My dad was religious and he had a relationship with God towards the end of his career. That is why he stop wearing his helmet with hot stuff on it. He felt it was not a good thing to wear hot stuff when he was a Christian. What made you ask for one??? Roni Shaun B. Coleman said:
Hi Mike, any chance I could get ahold of one of these for the old #46 of Roy's ? It would be great to have in the car for its first time out --- not overly religious here but I could use all the help I can get! :)

shaun

Mike Sykes said:
Veronica J Mayne  (Roni)
@veronica-j-mayne-roni
14 years ago
5 posts
Mike could you get me one. Please Mike Sykes said:
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
14 years ago
308 posts
I will check our RR source man and see if we can come up with some.