Sprint will be out. Who will be next?

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Was announced today Sprint will not renew it's sponsorship of NASCAR's "premier" series after the current contract ends in 2016. So guessing game becomes who will replace them.

I'm guessing a couple of my ideas are start-and-park, but here goes anyway...

We've had a Sprint. How about a Marathon?

Like the candy bar - wait, they don't make 'em anymore.

Marathon automobiles from Nashville - wait, they don't make those anymore either

Marathon Oil? Upside: They've had a relationship with Petty Enterprises in recent years. Downside: Sunoco would likely get gas over such a proposal.

So Sprint vs. Marathon is no good.

What about Red Solo or Dixie Paper? Red Solo Cup or Dixie Cup Series!

No? Then what other companies should be considered?

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.

updated by @tmc-chase: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Who was the original or first sponsor on the then Grand National Series ??

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts
Two ***** One Cup
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

My urologist's office seems to be performing at peak. Perhaps they'd be willing to fund the Specimen Cup.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Blane Moon
@blane-moon
10 years ago
113 posts

The new name should reflect the crowds at the track...."THE EMPTY CUP".

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

Someone on another forum said he heard from some media members that Coca Cola is lined up for 2017. That'll harken back to the Winston days somewhat. Another product that's represented by red and highly profitable in all economic conditions.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Would be cool to see walls formerly painted in Winston red-white colors expanded to to Coke's red-white-gold.

I'm sure NASCAR would gladly take Coca-Cola's money. But one or more folks are likely voicing a word of caution too saying "Ehhh, really? We'd want to openly promote the Coke Cup Series??"

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

I would really love to see Coke come into the sport as an official "sponsor" of the Cup. Perhaps they could rename the cup to "the can". Even better, how about the "Coke Zero Can"? Seriously, all the news coming out this week has been bordering on bad for NASCAR, something I hate to see. Does seem NASCAR always comes out ahead, i.e. Nationwide to Xfinity.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
10 years ago
589 posts

Would love to see Coca-Cola be the presenting sponsor! Nothing more American than Coke and Stock Car Racing!!

Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

Haha, got sent to that site one day by a friend. Not the best thing I've seen.

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
10 years ago
221 posts

My mother says they should get all the teams and drivers together, including from other sports, to pool all their money together so they can have The Athletic Cup.

My $0.02: that'd be pretty good, especially since NASCAR and its current drivers have nothing to protect with the cup.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Alex, thats cruel as all get out but in all honesty its funny as heck. This is one HOORAY FOR YOU :)