More sad news

Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
9 years ago
226 posts

Glenn McDuffie race car driver and brother to J.D. McDuffie passed away today . Prayers to the family and friends

updated by @harvey-tollison: 12/03/16 07:58:29PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

So sorry to hear this my thoughts and prayers are with the families touched by this.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. God bless all.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
9 years ago
835 posts

Sad news indeed. May God comfort his family and friends.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
9 years ago
835 posts

Scrapbook cover from 1967. #4 Wayne Andrews, #28 Bill Bostick, #70 Glen McDuffie

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Thoughts and prayers to family. Used to watch Glenn clean house in the late 60s on Friday nights in Sanford with that big Ford late model and occasionally had him visit with us in Wilson for a big event.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
9 years ago
214 posts

it sad to hear the news.glenn was great person to be around.my prayers are to his family at this time.RIP

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
9 years ago
171 posts

R.I.P. Glen....Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

GLEN LESTER MCDUFFIE

SANFORD Glen Lester McDuffie, 78, of Sanford, passed away on June 17, 2015, at FirstHealth Hospice House in Pinehurst.

Born on April 6, 1937, in Moore County, he was a son of the late John and Ruby McDuffie.

Glen owned and operated MacDuff's Cleaners for over 20 years. He also worked for Lee Paving Company for 15 years. Glen was a faithful member of Turner's Chapel and served as Past Deacon, Trustee, and on the Cemetery Committee. He was the Class President for 42 years of the Ed Wicker Bible Class and a teacher of that Sunday school class. He was also a race car driver from 1962-1983. He enjoyed many things in life, including dancing and playing cards every Wednesday night, but most of all being a devoted Duke fan for over 50 years. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.

In addition to his parents, Glen was predeceased by one brother, Nascar Driver J.D. McDuffie Jr.

He is survived by his loving wife of 57 years, Helen Sineath McDuffie; four daughters, Kay M. Patterson, Freda M. Fulk and her husband Keith, Anita M. Napier and her husband Stephen, and Glenda M. Lassen and her husband Jerry; four grandchildren, Justin Glen Patterson and his wife Nikki, Joey Morrill, Ethan Fulk and Ashlyn Morrill; bonus grandchildren, Jessica Napier, Stephany Champy and Emma Lassen; one great-grandchild, Marly J. Patterson; and one bonus great-grandchild, Olive Champy.

A visitation will be held on Friday, June 19th from 6 until 8 p.m. at Miller-Boles Funeral Home in Sanford.

A funeral service will be held on Saturday, June 20th at 11 a.m. at Turner's Chapel with burial following in the church cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Glen's memory to FirstHealth Hospice Foundation, 150 Applecross Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374.

Online condolences may be made at www.bolesfuneralhome.com .

Miller-Boles Funeral Home & Cremation Service of Sanford is serving the family.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Member, Paul Woody posted the photo below of Glen McDuffie taking a 1969 feature win at Wilson County (NC) Speedway in his #70 late model Ford:

--
Larry Olson
@larry-olson
9 years ago
24 posts

I knew the name and even more when I heard he was the brother of J.D. RIP Glenn and condolences to the family.