Your opinion please

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

From time to time I like to change the appearance of the site. Those of you who have been around for a while know this...and probably also know I like the boldness of the black background. The recent changes with the charcoal content modules are creating some problems with the text editor when pasting articles...etc. For some reason the text editor does not always convert or allow you to convert the text to white...so it will appear on the dark background. This is a bug we've reported to the ning team. But in the mean time...take a look at the Open Wheel, Dirt, and Local sites to see what you think about those. I changed the appearance yesterday using white content modules to make posting...and possibly reading easier. Let me know which you like best.

thanks,

Jeff

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 01/06/17 09:50:10PM
Richard Guido
@richard-guido
13 years ago
238 posts

Black and gray colors are kind of strange. White text with these backgrounds is hard on the eyes. A light color with black text is the easiest to read.

I have a medium/dark blue on my web site and it seems to work fairly well.

Don Smyle
@don-smyle
13 years ago
23 posts
Jeff. I like th change to white, seems that the text pops off the screen a little more, easier to read....
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts

Hi,

I've also noticed when you compose a message to send to someone the names are missing beside each person's photo. I sent two yesterday by placing a check in the box but I had to search for the person's photo in order to make sure I placed the check in the correct box. The names of members are missing in a couple of places.

I checked out the the white background over on "Local RacersReunion." It is a little hard on the eyes. Maybe take the hue here to a little darker gray or change the text color?

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts

Jeff, I just checked out all the sites you mentioned. Frankly, I am surprised that this one best suits me although I was not a big fan of it when it changed Sunday. The deal is, according to my doctors, I am "red-green color deficient" which, essentially (and ask Misty) from what I'm told means I cannot determine different shades of red or green, or any of the derivatives of those colors. I have no real explanation as to why, but I have discovered that this current format works very well for me.

Sorry to be so expressive, but you HAVE accused me of being opinionated, so there!

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
13 years ago
308 posts
I like the white background better. Even the deaf, dumb & blind folks like me can see that....
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
13 years ago
214 posts

Jeff I can ajust to anything.

Thanks

Harlow Reynolds

Lynchburg,Va.

Mike Ray2
@mike-ray2
13 years ago
27 posts
Dear Jeff,I hope you and your's are doing well,I'm looking forward to you guy's and gal's coming up to Raleigh next weekend!I've just been on the open wheel racer's reunion site and the new color scheme really looks good.The radio show last night was great also.Thank you for all you and the racer's do for this site,keep up the good work!peace,out.Mike
Russell Rector
@russell-rector
13 years ago
80 posts
Jeff, I can adjust to about anything,so if this change helps you and/or anybody else thats a win-win in my book.
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
13 years ago
589 posts
Jeff, I personally like the black, but the white doesn't look to bad either! It's up to you. What ever suits you. Although...I do like periodic changes like you just made, it just makes it different!-Cody
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

Well my opinion goes like this----- If Tim is color Blind to the colors of red and green then maybe thats the reson I kept running into the back of him---- That means he has the stop n go syndrome hmmmmmmmmmmmm

This Black n gray n that other color is cool it is a change and sometimes change is good, if not the ruts get pretty deep