Neil Bonnett

Bill Godlewski
@bill-godlewski
13 years ago
16 posts

Yeah it's been 10 years since we lost Dale, but I really miss Neil Bonnett. What a class act.

Hard to believe that was back in 1994.

updated by @bill-godlewski: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Frank Craig
@frank-craig
13 years ago
71 posts

I liked Neil as a race car driver,but most of all a good person.He is missed.

Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
13 years ago
279 posts
Neil at Michigan doing what Robbie says he does. Just a class person!
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts

Yes, Neil was really one awesome guy and a really good driver too. It is a shame that his death at Daytona can't be recognized and remembered with dignity. I usually hate it when I hear someone say of a driver killed in a race that "he was doing what he loved" but in Neil's case, that was the absolute truth. He loved it, lived it, breathed it, and died for it. He is truly a hero of the sport.

God bless Neil Bonnett and all who loved him.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
13 years ago
238 posts

Neil learned from the best having Bobby Allison as his mentor. He was like a fly around Bobby's head until Bobby finally gave in and let him work on the cars.

Neil was one of the greatbarnstormers who quickly earned the reputation of a hard charger.

Just imagine winning your first Winston Cup race by knocking off Richard Petty at one of Petty's best tracks at Richmond in 1977. Not to be undone he did RIchard again at Ontario to finish the 77 season.

Not only did Neil know who to push his foot through the floorboard he also knew how to pedal itwinning the World 600 two years in a row driving for two different teams.

Neil is one of the best ever who was able to live his dream.

J.C. HAYES
@jc-hayes
13 years ago
37 posts