OK, I'LL BE CALLING YOU BACK WITH THAT ANSWER IN A FEW

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts

If you listened to "Racing Through History" on Zeus Radio Network last night, you probably heard my Legendtorial which mentioned the upcoming Third Annual Love Chevrolet Racers Reunion at Columbia Speedway coming up starting tomorrow, April 16, 2011, and continuing Friday evening and then all day Saturday. I am fortunate that Jeff Gilder allows me to spout off with pretty much whatever I want to on the Legendtorial part of the show and although I am one very opinionated individual, most of you regulars on here agree with me most weeks.

On the way to work this morning, just as I was getting off I-20 onto 378, I get an incoming call on my cell phone. Pleasantries were exchanged and then the zinger was "your part of the show last night was one big commercial for Love Chevrolet and the Columbia Speedway Festival". Well, "duh" what is so difficult to accept about that. That's why the show was live from the Sporting News Grill and why several folks from Racers Reunion were in attendence. Besides, it's what I wanted to talk about and because Jeff doesn't require I get pre-approval (at least not yet) I can say what I please!!!!

But the issue for which I had no response at the time of the call this morning was the statement "you must be paid well by Racers Reunion". I simply laughed that off. But, I am going to return that call later today and tell that listener just how WELL I am paid.

Here's the deal. I grew up being a race fan and wanting to be a race driver. I always wanted to be a part of racing but just never could find the exact place where I "fit". Whether or not I have found that place yet is subject to conjecture, I'm sure but I'll tell you that, inmy heart, I think I have found that place right here at Racers Reunion. I am, because of Jeff Gilder and the others who have picked up the habit, known as The Legend, no quotations this time. For that, I thank Jeff and everyone.

So, when I return that call today, I will tell the party that I am paid very, very, very well and the IRS can't touch it. I make NO deposits to my bank account from Racers Reunion but when I consider the friends I have made here, the times I have here, and the fact that some of the most famous people in stock car racing history know me on sight these days and call me "Legend" can't be measured in dollars and cents. There are just somethings that are so special you can't put a price on them. Being The Legend for Racers Reunion is one of those things.

Thanks, Jeff, and everyone else who works so hard to make this site such a special place. I hope to see as many of you as can possibly make it show up at Columbia Speedway this weekend. I want to add more folks to this fine group of people.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
13 years ago
308 posts
I ditto what mamaPatty says. Remember you are always supposed to listen to what mama says....
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts
Me too! Ditto, ditto! I would be happy to return that call for you!
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
13 years ago
835 posts

Tim,

Do we really need to explain what a "Legendtorial" is?

When I met you I did something out of character. I asked about this Legend business. You told me a legend was a mythical character that may or may not be true and laughed, It was something Jeff Gilder tagged you with. Learning that you are a Petty fan and observing the hat, sunglasses and boots I must say that I "got it".

Now after listening to your Legendtorials for a while I have to say that now "I really get it". And I like it.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
13 years ago
626 posts
Hay keep up the good work Legdon hay you no me and thats a OK your RR friend AKA Joe Fan
Michael W. Smith
@michael-w-smith
13 years ago
109 posts

Anyone that susports RacersReunion is a legend to me. I have worked beside Tim many times in the heat of the summer at events and can assure you that He has the same drive and love for our sport that any driver or promoter has ever had. History has shown that racing is what it is because of devoted race fans like Tim. If you ask any driver today or any driver of yesterday they will tell you right off that they are a fan first!Everyone of us wants ot be Jimmie Johnson, Jr Johnson or anyone that is in the spotlight but fact is we all just want to be a part Racing. We are all RACERS! Ilove Tim he is a racing brother and a true legend! W just saying!

Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
13 years ago
53 posts

Tim, I hope the weather can cooperate with yall on Saturday. Maybe the weathermen will be wrong which they seem to fairly good at doing that.Anyways I wish you all much success. This will be the first Columbia show that I will miss. I'll be spending time with my 5 week old son. But i'm prepping him so he can enjoy the Columbia show and ours at Occoneechee in the future. Thats why i'm so glad I have taken so much of my time in the past in learning stock car racing history. Now I will have a wonderful son to pass my knowledge to just like my dad did to me.

Randy Myers2
@randy-myers2
13 years ago
219 posts
Keep up the good work Tim. I, like you, can attest to the realvalue of the friends here andthe racing family in general.
Frank Craig
@frank-craig
13 years ago
71 posts
I know who called you.It was someone involved in politics!