Kyle Busch/Sam Ard

Tommy Buxton
@tommy-buxton
16 years ago
53 posts
Kyle Busch officially became an instant hero to me this past weekend, I have not been a fan of his because of his brash attitude on and off the track. He showed me a side of himself that has to be really special to donate $100,000.00 of his winnings to Sam Ard upon breaking Sam's single season win total in the Busch Series,now known as the Nationwide Series. He wasn't even born when Sam raced so that is really special that he obviously has studied the history of our sport somewhat. Thank you Kyle for your generosity to a very special race driver!
updated by @tommy-buxton: 12/03/16 05:48:02PM
Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
16 years ago
53 posts
I agree. I will always respect Kyle for this. His brother, Kurt does alot also for Victory Junction gang. The two brothers get alot of flak but they are actually good guys off the track. Just like Tony Stewart, he is the same way. It's amazing how these controversial racers are hot heads on the tracks but when it comes to life off the track they are some of the best people. Dale Earnhardt showed what that is all about. That man did so much for people that nobody knew about until his death.
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
16 years ago
308 posts
Tommy I to will have to eat alot of crow in the future. I could not believe what I was hearing. My reaction was shock and disbelief and after I regained my composer I called Sam and talked to Robert he to was in shock. I will not say anything bad about Kyle again. This was not a gift to the Ard family it is a god send. We at the Old Timers Racing Club salute Kyle Busch and his generosity he will be blessed for his actions. We know also that some of the other drivers have been very supportive of Sam and Jo in recent months and our hats go off to them also.However this is just a drop in the bucket to what they face in the future so lets keep them in our hearts and prayers.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
16 years ago
1,783 posts
He just went way up in my opinion of him. Many of us have asked many times..."Why don't these guys who have so much give back to the guys that made it possible for them to have so much". I hope this is the beginning of trend. It warms my heart every time I hear/see a youngster interested in the history of this sport. To have Kyle make this gesture is incredible. I hope he gets the cheers he deserves along with the blessings he will surely receive for his generousity.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
Hey Guys,I posted about this in the Outreach section as well. I did not se this when I posted earlier. I am like the rest of us in the group. I am having to re-tune my thoughts about Kyle Busch now. This kind of reminds me of the old DW, and the change that took place in him years ago.God Bless all,Pastor Ken
Tommy Buxton
@tommy-buxton
16 years ago
53 posts
Absolutely Robbie, I meant no slight to Kevin or anyone else,I just thought it was amazing for Kyle,someone that I thought very little of as a person becuse of his brashness on and of the track, showed me that he really is compassionate and truly has a big heart. I agree with you, Kevin Harvick,Tony Stewart and a few others seem to be guys with attitudes at times but I have come to realize that these guys are some of the biggest givers from the heart when it comes down to it. I guess when I think back to days of old we had some drivers then with brashness and attitude too, Curtis Turner,Tim Richmond,Darrell Waltrip,Geoff Bodine,Dale Earnhardt, just to name a few, like them or not were all good drivers with some attitude. They all were great drivers but in the end were just good people who were very competitive with the desire to be 1st on Race Day. They just went about it a little different than most. My hat is off to all of the guys that give back,whether it's time, money, gifts,or the preservation of the history of the sport that we so dearly love . These are the ones that are my hero's.
Ken Sharpe
@ken-sharpe
16 years ago
88 posts
I agree with Tommy, Robbie and others. We respect and support other drivers who help out the older guys. The shear amazememt of Kyle Busch stepping up to the pump is noteworthy.Note to Kyle Busch,Kyle, keep up the good works here as you just did with Sam Ard, and son your "boos" at the track will turn to "woos" from the fans. You will become a hero to many and not a zero to many. This is a sign of maturity, and you will be blessed, by helping out the elders in need my friend.Pastor Ken SharpeRacers Reunion Chaplain
Dale Dodge Jr
@dale-dodge-jr
16 years ago
16 posts
I haven't always agreed with the style or attitude of Kyle. I can't take anything away from his ability. I only hope I get the opportunity to do some of the good things these great drivers have done for the true Legends of this sport, and that is give back to those who made it all hapen. It does my heart good to see Kyle give back to this sport and to the Great Sam Ard! May God bless them both!