Where's Fox

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
13 years ago
209 posts
I tuned in to TNT yesterday to watch a race and got commercial's. And on top of that I had to put up with Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty. Where is Fox and DW. Hurry up and get back Fox. Miss ya!!
updated by @tommie-clinard: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
I guess I'm different in the way I watch a race. I don't pay any attention to who the commentators are. I hear them but don't pay much attention and just watch the race. They all seem about the same to me. I will admit I miss Benny and Neil.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Lol Tommie!!!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts
Patty-----------------What did he say---------------------------------------------???????????????
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
13 years ago
626 posts
Hay want DW be off TV after the July 4 th race at Daytona??? I hope
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts
Maybe Fox fell in that damned gopher hole.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
You know how you can tell this is fresh road kill?...the stripe is under the gopher.

--
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
13 years ago
209 posts
Awww c'mon folks. Tell it like it is. True we don't have the good commentators now like we used to have in Benny, Ned, Neil etc., etc. But DW does tell it like it is. Yes I know he also tells it with what he did. He does talk the talk....but he walked the walk. Look at his overall record. He has done it all and yes he does brag about it. I think that he has earned the right to. I do have a "Boogity--Boogity--Bootigy" decal on my CD cabinet. I also have a pet gopher in my backyardthat I affectionally call "Digger." In one of the races that DW was announcing, I taped the start with his "Boogity--Boogity--Boogity." "Let's go racing boys." I take this tape out to the backyard and play it for "Digger" now that DW is not announcing the races and he gets a big kick out of it. He does a couple of back flips, (he learned that from watching Carl,) and then goes back in his hole. So you good folks please quit saying bad things about DW. It upsets my "Digger," and when he gets upset it puts me in a sad mood. Gotta go now. Gonna get on DW Store.com and order some things for "Digger" to put in his home. He just loves DW. Ya'll be good now. Ya hear!!!!
Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
I can tolerate DW most of the time but I absolutely despise Digger and the whole cartoon annoyance. My son loves to get me going telling me he gonna buy me a Digger Doll for Christmas.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Lol, Tommie. I actually believe most of that. I agree DW has earned the right to brag as you said he walked the walk, but I got tired of hearing him brag about it over 15 years ago...lol.

Tommie Clinard said:
Awww c'mon folks. Tell it like it is. True we don't have the good commentators now like we used to have in Benny, Ned, Neil etc., etc. But DW does tell it like it is. Yes I know he also tells it with what he did. He does talk the talk....but he walked the walk. Look at his overall record. He has done it all and yes he does brag about it. I think that he has earned the right to. I do have a "Boogity--Boogity--Bootigy" decal on my CD cabinet. I also have a pet gopher in my backyardthat I affectionally call "Digger." In one of the races that DW was announcing, I taped the start with his "Boogity--Boogity--Boogity." "Let's go racing boys." I take this tape out to the backyard and play it for "Digger" now that DW is not announcing the races and he gets a big kick out of it. He does a couple of back flips, (he learned that from watching Carl,) and then goes back in his hole. So you good folks please quit saying bad things about DW. It upsets my "Digger," and when he gets upset it puts me in a sad mood. Gotta go now. Gonna get on DW Store.com and order some things for "Digger" to put in his home. He just loves DW. Ya'll be good now. Ya hear!!!!

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts

Even though she didn't post such great finishes, I remember standing on pit road at Michigan for both 1982 Cup races and watching Robin McCall wheel that Jim Stacy #5 (see photo), thinking she was doing a pretty good job getting that car off turn 4. To my knowledge those were the only two starts she ever made and later when she married Wally Dallenbach, I kinda thought she was probably the better driver of the two. I can tell you definitively she wore the pants in the family based on a letter she once sent me at Richmond demanding that the Dallenbachs be removed from the RIR News Release mail list. It was downright NASTY. It was years before I stopped turning off the MRN radio broadcasts during race telecasts. I must say, over the years, I thought the absolute worst telecasts were those produced by Fred Rheinstein and Ken Squier for World Sports Enterprises and anchored by Ken. To be as knowledgeable as he is (and to have done such a fine job years years ago for MRN and CBS), Ken went into those TBS telecasts totally unprepared and made mistake after mistake on the air during a number of Charlotte and Richmond telecasts. The only saving grace was having Neil in the booth for color.

PattyKay Lilley said:

Actually, Wally and Kyle aren't so bad.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Billy & Barbara Scott
@billy-barbara-scott
13 years ago
52 posts

Will have to add ourcouple of gripes with NASCAR, Speed, and other program personnelfrom all the TV shows.. While it is quite nerve racking to listen to many of them, the worse of the entire group is by all means, Jimmy Spencer. Believe he was given a job on tv to get him off the tracks, as he was a danger to all. Suppose they thought it better for him to be a " snack break and pit stop" than an accident which may hurt someone. . Maybe some body will come along and put Jimmy and Darrell on the same show,where neither can be seen or heard;as they both try to be funny, but neither have the qualifications. Kenny Wallace any Mike Waltrip are the two actual comical ones, who come to mind right now, but we know there are more. Do any of you have the same feelings about these two, or are we odd balls?.

We like the femalepresents once in a while, but think there are entirely too many, who like most ladies love to be part of racing but don't know enough to take over the programs. The guys can give a much better account of a race in action and even in the pits following an accident,. than the ladies do?

Have enjoyed all of your input on these discussions and learn a lot from them.

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
13 years ago
4,073 posts

Speaking of road kill, count me among those who are glad not to hear Boogity x3 until next February! :-)

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
I like to listen to Steve Byrnes anytime. The rest I pretty much tune out. I hear them but don't focus on them, only the info they provide.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
LOL!!!

toomuchcountry said:

Speaking of road kill, count me among those who are glad not to hear Boogity x3 until next February! :-)

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

Tommie's been "again" sniffing the creek that runs out of the ground under turn three at MGR .

--
Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
Jamie Little, I can look at herall the time.
Bumpertag said:
I like to listen to Steve Byrnes anytime. The rest I pretty much tune out. I hear them but don't focus on them, only the info they provide.
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
13 years ago
209 posts

You got that right Bumpertag. Krista Voda is a class act and she knows her racing. So does Wendy V.

Bumpertag said:

Jamie Little, I can look at herall the time.
Bumpertag said:
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
13 years ago
560 posts

Waltrip, Hobbs Lend Voices to Cars 2

SPEED Commentators Darrell Waltrip and David Hobbs are the voices of special car characters in the new Cars sequel.

Darrell Waltrip said his Cars 2 character, "Darrell Cartrip," is modeled roughly on his Chevrolet Monte Carlo that helped him win 12 of 19 NASCAR Winston Cup Series races. (Photo: Pixar)

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/waltrip-hobbs-talk-about-their-ch...

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/waltrip-hobbs-talk-about-their-ch...

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
13 years ago
209 posts

Don't smoke nuttin'. Never have. Never will. I did spend the night in the 3rd turn at MGR a few times. Not on the track------under it.

Jeff Gilder said:

Tommie's been "again" sniffing the creek that runs out of the ground under turn three at MGR .
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

I knew it!

Tommie Clinard said:

Don't smoke nuttin' PKL. Never have. Never will. I did spend the night in the 3rd turn at MGR a few times. Not on the track------under it.

Jeff Gilder said:

--