Poor Target, All They Got is Juan Pablo Montoya

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts
My local 6:00 pm newscast just led with a story that an Anderson, SC couple has seen an image of Jesus on their Wal-Mart receipt. That got me to thinking... we all have heard over the years of Elvis being spotted in K-Mart, now Wal-Mart has got Jesus. Poor Target, all they got is Juan Pablo Montoya.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 01/15/18 01:58:40PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts
Dave, this is an incredibly awesome post. I love your positive input here! Dude, you and I are destined to become very good friends. I can see that coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
13 years ago
835 posts
Don't know what to say Dave, Maybe I'll think of something when I stop laughing.
Bill Godlewski
@bill-godlewski
13 years ago
16 posts

Maybe someday Target will actually get to sponsor a worthy NASCAR driver. Just sayin'...

N.B. Arnold
@nb-arnold
13 years ago
121 posts
Personally, I don't support Target who ever they sponsor. From what I have heard, they don't support our armed forces and donate to veterans causes. I guess when you are foreign owned, you pick a foreign driver? I'm just say'in.
Bill Godlewski
@bill-godlewski
13 years ago
16 posts

Target has also barred the Salvation Army from collecting in the front of their stores. And they refuse to let Toys for Tots collect toys on their properties. I'd say a good ol' boycott is in order.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Funny how NASCAR paydays have mellowed many over the years.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Lee Buchanan
@lee-buchanan
13 years ago
1 posts

Yeah, poor Target. All they got is a guy who's on the short list of the most talented drivers in the world. Show me another road racer who has adapted so well to stock cars. He takes second-tier equipment and challenges at the toughest tracks, including Bristol and Martinsville.

Sure, he's a hothead, and he's paid the price for losing his temper. And, for whoever mentioned PC, I'd say it's perfectly PC to slam JPM. That's part of why I pull for him.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts
My wife has accused me many times of not being PC. She is all the time telling me I can't say the things I do. JPM is definitely talented, but a mouthy loser. Just once I'd like to see him have the "that's raciing" answer instead of crying about how he was done wrong. Personally, I think Target has gotten less out of a major sponsorship in NASCAR than just about any sponsor. I used to say that about Lowe's in the pre-Jimmie Johnson days. Back in the "good ole days", I was always taught that I had to spend a minimum of $3 onmotorsports related advertising and marketing for every dollar I spent on race car sponsorship. That was a pretty good formula. Painting your name on the side of a car and spending millions of dollars is not amotorsports marketing program, it's more like an executive good ole boy perk. But, I digress. Never saw Elvis at K-mart, but do remember being invited over to the Big K parking lot by Jaws!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"