Pocono Race

joe92959
@joe92959
16 years ago
4 posts
I have been going to the races at Pocono, twice a year, for close to 20 years now.I like the uniqueness of the track and the challenges it poses to driversIve seen some good races, but not recently.it seems over the past few years that one car dominates, so much so that he can pass the entire field (ie. Denny Hamlin or Kasey Kahne) while the other cars struggle to gain one positionYesterday was an exception to that rule that I think I like even less.it was another one of those whoever is out front runs away from the pack races..I think this points out a MAJOR flaw in the race car .any opinions?
updated by @joe92959: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Edwin Sibley
@edwin-sibley
16 years ago
22 posts
I think it points out to great pit set up and strategy. Try Daytona or Talladega if you want to watch them all run bunched up. Apparently your guy did not do well. Mine didn't either. But I did not find myself "bothered" by the race and the way it unfolded.Crews are still trying to figure out this new car on each track. Look at poor Michael Waltrip. His cars are struggling at almost every track. He needs to find some new blood to help get his cars competitive. But that's not the tracks fault, nor is it this new race car.If the drivers took to the track in exactly the same vehicles with the exact same set up and tire pressures, would that make it more fun? I doubt it. I remember going to Daytona in '63 and watching Junior Johnson and Johnny Rutherford take off and put a half lap on the field in no time at all. It was not much fun unless you were a Johnson/Rutherford fan. Trouble is, that Chevy 409 would not run 500 miles. The motor came apart and Junior watched the finish from the pits.With any track and any group of drivers, the race still has to be run and won. Please remember, that behind every winner, there are 42 teams trying their very best to be the winner. Ask them. It is so difficult to win any race at any track. If it were easy to win, they would all come across the finish line together.
angie  pastor
@angie-pastor
16 years ago
27 posts
Very well put!!!!!!!!!