Fourth Annual Legends Helping Legends

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
I just got home....didn't get to take many pics, but got some great interviews that I will post soon. Good turnout of racing celebrities and fans to honor RacersReunion Family of Legends member, Rex White.
Interviews to post: Waddell Wilson, Carl Long, Cecil Gordon, Dub Simpson, Jimmy Helms, Daniel Pierce, Frankie Kerr, N.B. Arnold...and more I'll think of after I sleep...
Good night!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 03/05/19 02:38:41AM
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
14 years ago
626 posts
Man i had no trouble sleeping last night had a great time looking forward to the next one
Mike Kuver
@mike-kuver
14 years ago
18 posts
Great event. Has anyone come up with a final head count and how much was raised?
Jeffery Coward
@jeffery-coward
14 years ago
2 posts
Had a great time jeff,Thank's!
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
14 years ago
308 posts
On behalf of the Old Timers Racing Club I want to thank Alex , Sam, Tommy and all of the many volunteers that worked so hard to help make this event a success. We thank all the drivers and their wifes for attending this event for with out them this would not be possible as well as the other celebrities that came and supported us from motorcycle to gocart racers the Motorsports Hall of Fame crew and radio crew. I am sure we are leaving someone out and for that I am sorry but may pea sized brain is still spinning from all the love and support everyone showed by attending this event. We raised in the area of $750.00 for the Medical Hardship Fund.You may think this is not a geat deal of money but we are very greatful for every cent that we recieve.
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
14 years ago
214 posts
it was awsome show and to honor rex white was special.all i can say i had one good time.thanks to everybody
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
It was a wonderful day and I enjoyed every second. Thanks to everyone who put this on and to the special people who worked so very hard in all they did, especially Kevin and Mark who had to watch me come in and out of that door so many times. What a wonderful thing it is to spend time with all those drivers who were my hereos in my younger days and now I realize, even more so now!Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Don Good
@don-good
14 years ago
5 posts
I'm going to both Bristol and Martinsville the next couple of weeks. I can't imaging enjoying those trips more than I enjoyed the Legends events. It's always great talking and spending time with people I remember racing 30-40 years ago. They're what made NASCAR, and I'm glad to let them know there are lots of folks who still appreciate them.
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
14 years ago
214 posts
I can't add anything to this. A great time had by all. Great to see Rex & Slick and all the other people.My pictures turn out bad. Enyone that has some and want to share, send them tohreynolds@earthlink.netThanksHarlow ReynoldsLynchburg,Va.