Joe Cawley dies

Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
8 years ago
226 posts

It is with heavy heart that Augusta International Raceway Preservation Society, reports that it's President Joe Cawley died at home 11/18/16 in Augusta GA. Mr Cawley a noted racing historian and photographer had been published in many newspaper, magazines and books.Joe has many photographs on the RacersReunion.com website. Services will be held Monday 11/21/16 at Begg Funeral Home in Thomson GA at 2 pm. Visitation will be at 1 pm.

updated by @harvey-tollison: 12/03/16 08:12:10PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Mr. Cawley.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Joe was the guy who was quiet more than boisterous. A humble man with a knowledge of photography and an enthusiasm for photographing all things racing that knew no limits. Never really saw Joe in a bad mood. He always knew what he was doing and why he was doing it, something I admire in a man. Joe will be deeply missed by his family and his family includes the AIRPS group. His passion for that group ran deep and will be greatly missed. He did the work but never wanted the credit. I will miss Joe. Prayers to the family.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

May he rest in peace. My condolences to his family and friends.

Henry Jones
@henry-jones
8 years ago
31 posts

Joe was one of the 12 original members of the Augusta International Raceway Preservation Society, a 501C3 non-profit documenting the former speedway complex in Augusta, Georgia and a true ambassador for Historic/Vintage Motorsports in Georgia/Carolina. RIP my friend.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
8 years ago
626 posts

So sorry to here RIP Joe

Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

My thoughts are with his family and friends.