Bill Pittard Passes Away at 75 ...posted by Ray Lamm

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
bill pittard passway at 75 in graham,nc.bill was know and respected member of racing souvenir.owned and operated bill's racing souvenirs out graham,n.c. bill know as poineer in the busness of track side souvrnir sales.bill helped user in the era of respected and licensed traveling souvenir vendors following nascar top divison.i work for bill two years a super nice guy.he will be miss.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 12/03/16 05:48:15PM
Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
15 years ago
242 posts
One more Old Timer Gone.
Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
15 years ago
53 posts
That is sad news, Ray. Me and dad used to go to his shop in Swepsonville back in early 90's. He was a very nice guy and had nice people working for him. I will keep his family in my prayers.
Kenneth Smithey
@kenneth-smithey
15 years ago
1 posts
Hey I'm sorry to hear about Bill.I'm actually at Myrtle Beach Speedway checking my e-mail learning of this. I worked for him when I was in high school and afterwards in the early to mid 80's. Traveled with him, Barbara, Curtis, Dag, Harry, Desi, Frank, Dean, and all the rest of his family and crew. It was the time of my life in my growing up years and loved every minute of it. I thought it was the grandest thing to get to get into all the tracks, see the drivers (all of my heros), go out to eat and have some of the stars of the time eating at the same place and actually get paid for it! . He taught me a lot about the business side of racing and a lot about LIFE! He was a straight shooter and respected by many including me. God Speed my friend and thanks again, Kenneth Smithey Reidsville N.C.
Steven Deuker
@steven-deuker
14 years ago
2 posts
Bill was a good man. Hard to find in that business. He could be trusted and I enjoyed dealing with him. Sorry to hear of him passing. God Bless!
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
I didn't know Bill, but Kenneth Smithey is a good friend of mine and if he speaks that highly of him, then I know he was a great man. My thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends.Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
14 years ago
626 posts
God speed Bill pittard you will be missed you are in our Prayers