YOU Might Be a Rodeo Goat...

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

If you've ever climbed the fence and taken a bath in the community swimming pool (after a dirt race)...YOU might be a rodeo goat.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 08/05/18 04:39:14PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you proposed to your wife on Labor Day night covered in dirt from Chantilly Speedway you might be a Rodeo Goat.

If you ever took your passenger car out to help dry a muddy track so the races could start you might be a Rodeo Goat.

If you took a Greyhound to Darlington or a train to Rockingham you might be a Rodeo Goat.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

If you've ever stuffed drunk crows in a gunny sack....YOU might be a rodeo goat.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If your best buddy's car had just failed the Virginia State Vechicle Inspection on Saturday afternoon and you decided to drive it 2 hours anyway to South Boston Speedway with a rejection sticker to see Pete Hamilton win a Grand American race, you might be a Rodeo Goat. You might be just a plain goat if you didn't go back down with your buddy to the Charlotte County, Virginia Court House for his trial for exceeding the safe speed limit in a vehicle with a rejected inspection sticker.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you ever got locked in the restroom at Martinsville following a rainout you might be a Rodeo Goat.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

If you've ever changed a flat on your race car with the wheel and tire off the tow truck....YOU might be a rodeo goat.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

If you've ever taken your girlfriend to her first dirt race in white pants (hers)...YOU might be a rodeo goat.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Can't remember what color Joyce's pants were the night I proposed, which was her first dirt track race.

--
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

If you've ever been along time fan ofa dirt track, who's infield "facilities" were the woods off the backstretch.....well, actually, they did add a classic slope-roofed privvy several years later, right near the 1st turn....but it just was never the same....you are a rodeo goat!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if you ever volunteered to score a 400-lap race on a 1/3-mile track for a refund of your track admission.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If your wife ever told an Alabama State Trooper on the road between Anniston and Talladega that you needed to be locked up you might be a Rodeo Goat.

--
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

If you everturned into the driveway after a long pull home and realized you don't remember going through town, you might be a rodeo goat.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if your first GN race (1964) was rained out and you didn't have any money to call for a ride home and got soaked walking a mile to a drug store open on Sunday afternoon where the pharmacist let you use their phone.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if your feet ever turned green for a week after walking through the infield mud and goat poop at North Wilkesboro in your cool blue and yellow shoes matching your race outfit.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if you ever caused a yellow flag at North Wilkesboro to let the ambulance out of the infield after you walked into the corner of an open engine compartment door on a race transporter.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if you ever got lost taking a new shortcut to the track to avoid traffic.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if think the word "gentlemen" should always be followed by the command, "Start Your Engines."

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you ever got pulled over and held by an officer for a lengthy period of time because he didn't like the way you were "making a hole" in race traffic you might be a Rodeo Goat.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Damn right!

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

...if you've ever had to explain drafting to a state trooper....

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

LOl!!

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

If you've ever hauled your Momma to the track in the back of your pick-up...YOU might be a rodeo goat.

--
Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
12 years ago
169 posts

You got me on that one Jeff. LOL

Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
12 years ago
169 posts

If you have a spot in your yard where grass will not grow and it just happens to be the same spot where you washed the mud off the race car each week.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

Robin....LOL!! I got at least TWO of those dead spots in my FRONT yard!! Right now!!

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

If you ever had to stop and put up a mail box on the way to the track, you might be a rodeo goat.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

Dennis, if you ever had to stop and bail water out of a ditch, and a hog pen, to pour in the tow truck's leaking radiator..!

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

If the doughnuts on the door came from the trailer tires, you might be a rodeo goat.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

Hey, what ever it takes to get there, LOL!

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

Dennis, LOL!!

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

If you ever got pinned under a railroad tressel when the train pasted over it, you might be a rodeo goat.

I can't wait to see what Billy Biscoe puts up when he finds this!

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

That would be correct Jim.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

LOL!

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

LOL

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you ever had to sneak out of Sunday preaching to catch the start of the radio broadcast from Moyock Dog Track.......

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you ever climbed to the top row of the racetrack bleachers using crutches after you dislocated your hip returning a punt at a high school football game......

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If your favorite radio show was named "The 5th Turn"........

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you laughed with him and thought it was a compliment when both Dale Earnhardt AND Darrell Waltrip told Sonny Hutchins he was the dirtiest driver they'd ever raced.................

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

If you ever got hurt falling out of one of the trees behind the Richmond Fairgrounds backstretch........

--
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

You mean it's not 'Racin' Through History'? lol

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

if you've wrecked your car before the race. You know the old saying...."Sometimes it happens it the warm-up!!!"

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
12 years ago
308 posts

I mus t be a rodeo goat since I have done many of these sayings or know someone that have done the ones I didn't do. Oh well lets pop the cork and read farther on. If I run up on one I haven't heard of I will let you know. WOW Jeff that lemonade is getting more and more butter... better. LOL.

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
12 years ago
308 posts

Atlanta....

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
12 years ago
308 posts

Charlotte

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
12 years ago
308 posts

That happens when they eat the mash spilled on the ground. Dumb Crows...

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

and then there was Buddy Baker, king of wrecking during caution flags!

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Hey if the Lemonade you made for me helped you recover, buddy...that's awesome!! Hope you're feeling better.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

If you've ever taken your helmet off BEFORE a fight...YOU might be an idiot....No decent rodeo goat would do such an unthinkable act.

--
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
12 years ago
209 posts

If your wife passed bologna sandwiches out of the window to the kids sitting among the tires, tools, jack, gas can, etc., etc., in the back of your pickup tow truck pulling your race car on the way to a race you may be a rodeo goat

Robert Turner
@robert-turner
12 years ago
88 posts

If the state of N Carolina tells you not to bring your home made race car trailer back into their state just because it is 6" too wide.......You might be a rodeo goat.

If you have taken the front bumper off your street car and put on the race car so you could get to the race on time.....You might be a rodeo goat.

If you have gotten under the car with a set of QC gears, pulled the cover off and put the same gears back in to fool the driver........You might be a rodeo goat.

If you have ever left the hood pins out and watched the hood take flight in the first turn......You might be a rodeo goat.

If you wore a white shirt with the right patches on it and white levis and white tennis shoes to the track each race and your job was to change the gears in the dirt infield...........You might be a rodeo goat (and thanks Mom for keeping them somewhat clean looking)

Enough self mutilation for now.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you got arrested in victory lane!

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
12 years ago
209 posts

Been there...done that with the hood pins. But it was the 3rd turn.

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
12 years ago
308 posts

This was a normal thing at Rockingham. LG would get the pots out of the peach orchards and bring them to the garage and fire them up. Felt good but smut was all over everything you included.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If your house furniture is made of old car parts...

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Tonight on Racing Through History another top ten list...Reasons YOU might be a Rodeo Goat.

--
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

You must have been Snype Hunting again Jeff

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

You might be a Rodeo Goat if you find yourself surfing between RacersReunion, Facebook, and your favorite racing classifieds and forum websites.

William Horrell
@william-horrell
12 years ago
175 posts

After reading all of the purposed reasons, I am convinced that I am a rodeo goat.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Need more rodeo goat stories, folks. Another Top Ten coming up tonight!

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

--
JAck Redd
@jack-redd
12 years ago
111 posts

If you drive on the parkway and park on the driveway, hummm. does that make you a Rodeo Goat?

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

If you had to unload the car so the tow truck could get up the steep hill to the track you could have been at a goat rodeo

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

IF YOU LISTEN TO THE GOAT RODEO ON RACERS REUNION AND THINK THE LAUGHING IS QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT ALONG WITH THE GOAT SNICKERING YOU are quality members of the RACERS REUNION GOAT RODEO only on Tuesdays starting at 7pm

ray lamm
@ray-lamm
12 years ago
214 posts

you think the last words to the star spanger banner are genltemen star your engines.you might be rodeo goat

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever had a friend borrow your trailer, didnt bring it back, so you had to drive your racecar to the racetrack....

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you ever had to take the starter off your wifes T-Bird to put it on your race car to make the race on Sat. night and then had to put it back on before she had to work Sun. morning.....

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever used a pine tree and a chain at the racetrack to straighten a frame.....(ask slim shady)

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever got into your racecar to pratice and found your housecat asleep in the floorboard.....(me @ N.Wilksboro)

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever lost a race because a dog ran out in front of you......

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have almost lost a race because you thought a dog ran out in front of you, but it was a brown paper bag.....(me Tri-County)

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever had to use a fire extingusher as a defense against another driver.....

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever let a person test drive your race car, only to have to go locate it 5 miles down the road because the idiot didnt know how to put it in reverse.....

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever had to help a fellow driver put out a fuel cell fire because his crew member was checking the fuel level with a lighter......

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you've ever stayed up until 1:30 to watch the Daytona 500, only having to get up five hours later to go to school...

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you've ever run into a jet dryer that's running 10 mph, letting it burst into flames and hold the race up for two hours.....

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you were let out from jail on good behavior to go qualify....

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If your "two-toned-paint-job" is rust and primer........

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

If you've ever called the Daytona 500 the GREAT AMERICAN RACE!

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever been protested and while tearing down had an 8 yr old tell thier dad "I think she is being prostituted"......(me Tri-County Speedway) i couldnt have even thought of making that up lol

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you think "i've fallen and i cant get up " is what you yell to the people left standing on the tire rack is.......

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

If the police had to handcuff you to a light pole to keep you from fighting.....( Mike Evans BGS)

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

If you have ever missed a race cause your brother ran over you in the pits physically.....(me and my brother Hickory)

Ronda McKnight
@ronda-mcknight
12 years ago
63 posts

if you have ever built a race car in a chicken house.....Me and dad, CHR...Chicken House Racing)

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you had an official "pit dog"

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If the 'facilities' has a charge and is more than the grandstand admissions.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If wrecked your girlfriend's truck in the spectator races (saw at Dixie Speedway. The guy flipped it three times, and she had just bought it)

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If the track announcer is also the scorer, flagman, and pit inspector!

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you hold a race and no one shows up...neither fans, OR drivers......then YOU might be Willie Quatlebaum. lol

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you ever submitted something to the 'Dear Bopper' segment....

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you ever run over yard chickens that are crossing a track, and take them home for supper......

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you've ever been too drunk to even WATCH a race.....

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If you've ever towed a car that's on fire and pull up next to a gas station....

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

If your candy jar is filled with M&M's just to P/O the Legend! lol

Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
11 years ago
222 posts

billy ray lucas got married at the wilson county speedway an afterwards ran the six cylinder feature race does this count as being a rodeo goat

Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
11 years ago
222 posts

yes i got that pk i was at fayettville several years ago and it rained before the races started the track was really wet and fans from the stands helped run the track in with there personall cars maybe they were true rodeo goats

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

If you have ever been stopped somewhere, by a total stranger and told, "Hey!!! I recognize you! I got some danged good footage of you on film last weekend at the racetrack!" And you are still, trying to remember that night....you just probably ARE a Rodeo Goat....

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

If you miss the Goat Rodeo!!

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

RODEO GOAT >>>>RIGHT HERE<<<<<<<!!!!!

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

You know what just dawned on me? This fellow that told me he had the footage, was a Soldier....hummmm...just wondering where Jim Wilmore might have been back then?? I know he has been at Ft. Bragg for awhile now. I DO remember, I was in the Grandstands that night, 4th Turn..if I wasn't in the Pits...I was always in the 4th Turn. And, if I am not mistaken...I was by myself that night. I might have had some friends that came and sat with me...but I know I didn't have a date per say. Just trying to remember....LOL!

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

If your family car has more dings and dents than your racecar!

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

If your tow vehicle broke down and had to tow the tow vehicle with the race car

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

If your family car has doughnuts on the door...and yer momma spots for you on the way to the grocery store.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

If you made raised flower beds for yer wife using old race tires.

--
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

If your corner-living-room lamp-stand is actually two stacked race tires topped with plywood and covered with a bed sheet.......(I a'int making this up, either............)

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

If you think adding a bass (fish) painting simply Rurinsyour Earnhardt/Jeff Gordon-only half and half decorated bedroom.....(I a'int making this up..........)

Rich Panicaro
@rich-panicaro
11 years ago
17 posts

lol

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

If you've ever secretly filmed single girls at the rack track you might be Rodeo Goat

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Jim....WAS that YOU????

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

It was the Phantom Photographer....Shhhhhh!