(Off-Topic): My New/First Truck

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

***First and foremost, this post has nothing to do with racing history, this is just something that happened in my life this past week that I'd like to share***

Hey All!

I have been without internet for almost two weeks now, and Jeff asked me to put this on the site whenever I got it back - Wednesday, I bought my first truck - A 1995 Ford F-150!

After 4 months of driving my dad's 2004 Dodge 2500, I wanted MY own truck, that I could say that I bought with MY own money, and plus I didn't really care for the 10 mpg that came with the Dodge. So not far from Atlanta Motor Speedway in McDonough, Georgia, we found this awesome little truck.

At first I didn't really care for it simply because of the color. It's called 'Sapphire Blue', but in some light, it appears to be a dark "blueish-purple". My first thought was "NO", but after looking it over and driving it, I loved it. However, I still wanted to get it repainted - I thought black and silver. However, while driving back to Dawsonville, I got to thinking...when's the last time I saw this paintscheme on a truck. This is my favorite body-style of Ford trucks, and I do quite a bit about them, but I had never seen this color. When I got home, I attempted to research this color. From the few that I found, I saw a truck with a silver top and bottom with the purple middle and I saw trucks that were just straight purple, some with a silver stripe. I had only found one other online with the same purple/silver/purple, and that was an extended cab F-250.

I have been searching for the past three days on some sort of production numbers on this year of trucks, but I have found nothing. One thing I did find is that on 1995 Mustangs, out of the some odd hundred thousand Mustangs that were produced that year, they only painted a few over 2500 in this color, 'Sapphire Blue'. Based on this, I can only guess that this has to be a rare color on my truck.

The next day, (Thursday) I was curious to know the response from the school parking lot of driving a purple truck. I even brought it around to the auto shop to show off, and to my surprise, everyone loved it! The only sort of negative response I got was from some guy who wasn't a Ford fan, oh well!

So for the specs - it's got a 5.0 (302) with automatic transmission. Although it has 180,000 miles, which sounds high, but for a 17 year old truck, that's an average of about 10,500 miles a year. I have to do a few simple things to it, like get the transmission serviced and a few interior things. However, the agricultural teacher at school is going to let me have parts off of his 93' (Same body-style) that I will need.

Oh and did I mention it's got flowmasters? I just love the low rumble it has, almost like a racecar! lol

Enough with words....let these pictures speak for themselves!

When I went to look at it.

A nice and clean interior for a 17-year old vehicle

And at home, all clean and waxed!

Thanks for allowing me a couple minutes of your time to share with you one of the best things that's happened to me in a while.

-Cody

updated by @cody-dinsmore: 08/09/18 05:24:28AM
Devin
@devin
11 years ago
618 posts

Awesome Cody! Very nice for a 17 year old. You did good.

JAck Redd
@jack-redd
11 years ago
111 posts

Jr. Legend, that is a fine looking ride. Leave it as is and go profiling.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Cody! That is a beautiful truck, and, being color blind as I am, color doesn't matter. It is a really nice looking truck. I know you're going to enjoy it and have some fine adventures driving it. I know this sounds trite, but always remember to be careful. This RacersReunion family loves you and we can't have you injured in an accident somewhere.

Really proud of you, Cody. Thanks for sharing that.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Beautiful, Cody!!

That truck "Might" have been assembled in Joe Weatherly country, at Ford's now closed Norfolk Assembly Plant:

NORFOLK FORD TRUCK ASSEMBLY PLANT ENDS PRODUCTION

PLANT FACTS: NORFOLK ASSEMBLY PLANT
HISTORICAL TIMELINE: NORFOLK ASSEMBLY

NORFOLK, Va., June 28, 2007 Production ended today at Ford Motor Companys Norfolk Assembly Plant when the last vehicle a red 2007 Ford F-150 Lariat rolled off the assembly line. The 2.6 million square-feet plant, which employed 1,250 hourly and salaried workers, idled at 7:50 a.m.

For 82 years, the Norfolk Assembly workforce has built quality and pride into every vehicle coming off this assembly line, said Kevin Gideon, plant manager. Weve built some of the worlds best vehicles and built tremendous customer loyalty during that time. A heartfelt thank-you goes to the men and women of this plant, our community and our customers, who have made Norfolk Assembly something special.

Norfolk opened in 1925 and produced 7,983,458 cars and trucks over the years. Production of the Ford F-150 will be continued at Dearborn Truck Plant and Kansas City Assembly Plant, the other two producers of the countrys best-selling light pickup.

Norfolk Assembly Plant is one of 16 Ford facilities to be idled under the companys plan to return its North American automotive operations to profitability.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Coincidently enough, I researched it the dy

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Not yet, but working on getting a hitch for it for such purposes! lol

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I have got nothing but positive feedback ever since last Wednesday, Iabsolutelylove my truck!

Thanks again

-Cody

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

VERY NICE...Cody!! Any particular personalizing ..... running through your head?

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
11 years ago
209 posts

VERY nice truck CODY. I know that you are proud.

For the guy that doesn't like FORD just let him eat his heart out. Jealous I imagine.

Take care.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Guess it didn't go through. That post meant to say that I researched it and it WAS built in Norfolk in December of 1994.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

I actually want to keep it as simple and as original looking as possible. A few things might be done in the future however.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Interesting. Thanks, Cody.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
11 years ago
360 posts

Congrats Cody. Hope you create some great memories in it.

Shan Coughlin
@shan-coughlin
11 years ago
17 posts

Looks great Cody!!!