Passing of Tom Pistone's wife

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

Just read a tweet from Chrissy Pistone that Tiger Tom's wife, Crystal, passed away today. She'd apparently been sick for a while, and Chrissy indicated earlier in the week that hospice had been called.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.

updated by @tmc-chase: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

My deepest condolences to the Pistone family. May she rest in peace.

Devin
@devin
11 years ago
618 posts

I read hospice had been called last week as well. It is very sad news.

My thoughts are with Tiger Tom, Chrissy, her brother and the entire family.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Thoughts and prayers to the Pistone family and circle of friends.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
11 years ago
214 posts

so sorry to hear the lost tiger tom wife.my prayer are to family at this time.RIP

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Its been a long fought battle but now Tiger Mommy has gone to the great track in the sky. You will be missed but not forgotten ---------------------------------------------------- great mrmories

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
11 years ago
835 posts

Thoughts and prayers for the Pistone family.

Dub Simpson
@dub-simpson
11 years ago
8 posts

Tom, so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

My thoughts are with, and my prayers for, the Pistone family and all the friends of that wonderful lady. Such a love story of which novels are written and movies made and this one was lived out in the world of racing and a wonderful family. God bless the Pistone family.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
11 years ago
626 posts

RIP Tiger Mom

Charles Craig
@charles-craig
11 years ago
57 posts

Thoughts and prayers to the Pistone family. They have been involved in our sport since the very beginning.

Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
11 years ago
169 posts

Thoughts and prayers for the Pistone Family.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Crystal Pauline Jones Pistone

Obituary
  • " A LOVELY ANGEL HAS ENTERED HEAVEN. WE WILL MISS YOU'SWEET... "
Crystal Pauline Jones Pistone CHARLOTTE - Mrs. Pistone, 84, passed away peacefully at CMC University Hospital on October 5, 2013. Her husband, daughter and great friend were by her side. She was born November 1, 1928, in Shamrock, Oklahoma, and later moved to Chicago, Illinois, where she met her husband and soul mate, Tom Pistone. For 68 years she was the loving wife of NASCAR legend, Tiger Tom Pistone. They were inseparable and Crystal's constant love for him and their nine children were her passion in life. Theirs was a lifetime love and both hearts truly beat as one. Mrs. Pistone was preceded in death by her parents, Raymond and Evelyn Jones; her brother, Junior; her sons, Tom Jr. and Jimmy; as well as daughter, Rosie. Also predeceasing Mrs. Pistone were grandchildren, Jon Bennett Hannan Pistone and John Thomas. Mrs. Pistone is survived by her husband and three sons, Pete Pistone of Charlotte, Tommy Pistone III and her grandson whom she raised since he was 18 months old and considered as a son, and Sam Pistone of Charlotte, as well as three daughters, Rosemary, Lena and Crystal, her namesake. She is also survived by many grandchildren including Taylor Pistone, Rosie and Christopher Trester, Roselee and Manuel Sadek; and many great-grandchildren. Her favorite Scripture passage was Psalm 23, "The Lord Is My Shepherd." Mrs. Pistone was the most loving and caring person you could ever want to know. She is missed so much and loved! Mrs. Pistone will be entombed in the family mausoleum in a private service. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart and Lung Association s. Condolences may be offered at www.HarryandBryantFuneralHome.com .

Published in Charlotte Observer on October7,2013

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/charlotte/obituary.aspx?n=crystal-pauline-jones-pistone&pid=167408496&fhid=5889#fbLoggedOut

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
11 years ago
123 posts

Thoughts and prayers for the Pistone family.

Wally Bell
@wally-bell
11 years ago
83 posts

Rest in Peace Mrs. Pistone.....

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

Chrissy said Tom is taking the loss very hard. Obviously, he needs time to grieve. But he could also use strength provided by others. If you have a direct email or number for Tom, he'd probably want to hear from you. If you are on Twitter, send him a tweet or direct message. If you'd like to send a personal note, the address for his shop is:

Tiger Tom Pistone Race Cars & Parts

8108 Newell Farm Road

Charlotte, NC 28213

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
James G Ball
@james-g-ball
11 years ago
20 posts

My prayers go out to Tom and his family and friends, my she rest in peace