FROM THE MOUTH OF "WILD THING"

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

"To all,

I've had a lot of time today to sit and reflect, and try to put my thoughts into words as best I can.

I want to sincerely apologize for my actions during Friday night's Truck Series race at Texas.

I apologize to my fans, all my sponsors, everyone at Joe Gibbs Racing and Kyle Busch Motorsports .

After talking with my team, it's great to have their support and encouragement to assure me that there are better days ahead. Even though this took place while driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports, I am sorry for how difficult this has been for everyone associated with Joe Gibbs Racing 's Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series teams.

I'd also like to apologize to Ron Hornaday Jr., and everyone associated with the No. 33 team in the Truck Series.

I understand why I was taken out of the car for the rest of the weekend. NASCAR officials had to act, and I accept their punishment and take full responsibility for my actions.

As a racecar driver, the hardest thing to do is to sit on the sidelines listening to cars on the track when you know you should be out there competing. For this, I have no one to blame but myself.

Through a lot of support from the people around me, I feel like I've made a lot of strides this year, but this was certainly a step backward. Moving forward, I will do everything I possibly can to represent everyone involved in a positive manner. However, I know my long-term actions will have more of a bearing than anything I say right now."

Now lets see how the remainder of the year rolls for him----maybe this woke him up---------------------maybe not !!!

Are there different views out there???

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 01/06/17 09:52:08PM
Christopher Krul
@christopher-krul
13 years ago
119 posts
If he is really sorry, that leaves only one thing for him to do from here on out; prove it on the track. Race smarter, control himself, be a better sport and stay focused.
Slim_Shady
@slim-shady
13 years ago
26 posts

I call BS on that !!!!!!!!!! Kyle don't have the brains to use all those $3 words.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
13 years ago
488 posts
Don't care about Kyle Busch either way, didn't before this, won't after, he's a youngster that can't back his mouth or his actions, he ain't never gonna change, just like his goofy brother.
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
13 years ago
488 posts
I agree Slim
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
13 years ago
279 posts

What the speechwriters said for Kyle means nothing to me. It's the same old same old, year in and year out crap from this child, he never learns. Such a shame, he has a lot of talent behind the wheel, it's just too bad he can't act like a man, just a 3 year old (No offense to the 3 year olds).

paul crawford
@paul-crawford
13 years ago
64 posts
i agree...a prepared statement. we will see if his actions in the future reflect the statement
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
13 years ago
209 posts

Everybody beat me to it. I agree. No way could these words ever be spoken or written by Kyle Busch.

He will always act like he did Friday with his careless, disrespectful, holier than thou attitude.

If you are running in front of him or pass him then lookout. As far as he is concerned "you have no business being there or doing that". "I will get by you one way or the other."

Until several others stuff him into the wall a fewtimes to show him that they will not put up with his I don'tcare attitude he will keep acting as he has in the past.

Have at it boy's. Sic 'em..................

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

Listen to Helton's comments...specifically his reference to "minimizing the ripple effect of what could happen as the week end progressed". This might answer some who do not think an incident in the Truck series should dictate action in the other series. I agree he should have been parked for all...some do not.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
13 years ago
360 posts

What a perfectly written piece of PR propaganda. Pretty sure he did not write or mean a word of that.

John R. Bockelman
@john-r-bockelman
13 years ago
62 posts

Yes, that statement was prepared by Damage Control experts hired by his team. Who do they think they're fooling?

THIS happened ON TRACK! It was blatant aggression with malice. Can Joe Gibbs, his sponsors and NASCAR give him just one more chance? I doubt it...

Alligator tears. Pure and simple. He's sorry he's in trouble, yes, but it's the PR guys who are saying he's sorry he did it.

Good luck and safe racing to all...JB

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Thanks for chiming in here, JB. Good to see you makin the rounds, my friend!

--
John R. Bockelman
@john-r-bockelman
13 years ago
62 posts
Thanks, Jeff! Great folks here with knowledge, values and experience I look up to. I made my post here rather than on one of the many comment threads that are going on out there about this. I came here to see what y'all had to say about it. Cheers, JB
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Well stated!

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts
Very well put, Jim.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Jay Coker
@jay-coker
13 years ago
177 posts

Don't know if this means anything, but I heard it brought up about an hour ago...

M&Ms Racing Link

Notice anyone missing????

Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
Blah, blah, blah...
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
13 years ago
279 posts
I think maybe Kyle Busch might be wearing thin on the Mars family. They carry the big stick and full wallet.
John R. Bockelman
@john-r-bockelman
13 years ago
62 posts
I don't see how they could keep him, regardless of who he is and how good he can drive. It sure looks like he's at the point of getting the heave-ho, if not from Mars, maybe from JGR or NASCAR if he so much as frowns at somebody. Nobody is inexpendable...I remember the Steelers shopped Big Ben around and didn't get an offer when his deal blew up. Rooney wanted to dump him outright but he was calmed down by team management He would have had to pay the rest of that guaranteed contract...anyway, Mars has more to consider than the driver's behavior...if the driver brings down their image, it damages a lot more than just the cars...my 2 cents! Thanks, JB
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts
I note this was a written apology, not verbalized by the Candy Man. I also note there are several words containing more than two sylables assuring that Candy Man could NOT have spoken the statement, therefore the carefully worded apology was release in written form. If anyone reads this and believes it for a minute, I worry about you. Look back over this season. Darlington and Harvick, wrecking Elliott Sadler, etc. etc. It never stops with him. This should be the "final straw" as was once used here in a Forum Post. Nothing personal Candy Man, but the sport does NOT need you, regardless of the publicity you're always bringing to tv, radio, and print media. Go back to Las Vegas where you may be able to handle being a "pit boss". Damn, I'm sick of you.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
13 years ago
279 posts

Visit www.mars.com and check out all their products. We started 2 years ago not buying any of their product line...we have a list in our grocery cart every week to remind us. I know I'm a very small part of this world, but maybe a few million of me could make a difference. Mars needs to decide if they want to support Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs Racing.

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
13 years ago
167 posts

Do you actually think Mars is unhappy? Look how long this forum has gone on talking about them.

It's an old adage, "I don't care what you say about me, as long as you spell my name right".

I can appreciate your 'anti-loyalty' by not buying Mars candy, but have you checked their sales progress report?

I would only offer this additional comment: As long as you continue to look thru a microscope or a telescope, you will have a distorted view of reality.

This is fun to watch. Thanks for all who contribute.