Thank You

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Dear Friends,

This is the first time I've logged onto the computer since before my surgery on June 6. The 11 days I spent in the hospital was a wee bit more than I had planned. I came home the evening of Monday June 16 and when I awoke on Tuesday morning, my left foot and left leg were swollen twice the size of my right and scared me to death.

Wanting to take no chances, the surgeon had me go immediately to the nearest emergency room (at a different hospital, of course, than where I had my surgery) fearing I might have a blood clot. I was there by 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning 6/17 and spent the next 4 hours having venous ultrasounds performed on both legs, feet and groin areas searching for a possible clot. None was found and the diagnosis was that there was some vascular insufficiency following surgery that had caused the swelling.

I was ordered to keep my left leg propped up as high as possible except when walking. The swelling has now subsided, but I do have a strange tingling in my left leg. I return to see my surgeon on Monday, June 30.

The good news was that as soon as I returned home from the emergency room, I parked my walker and haven't used it since. I made a brief trip out of the house with Joyce to Target this past Tuesday. We used my 4Runner with her driving and with the extra stiff sport suspension, I was able to feel every bump in the road!

I guess the healing is going to take a while, but I sure do feel better already than I did. Just need to lose about 50 pounds or so now!

I can't begin to thank each of you and so many others for the thoughts and prayers that were sent my way before, during and after my surgery. Pathology results showed no cancer in any of the stuff removed. For that I feel extremely blessed.

It's going to be some days before I spend much time around the computer, but please know I am thinking of all of you and so many others who have been such dear friends.

Thank you for being around.

Dave Fulton

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 06/20/17 05:37:00AM
Robert Mitchell
@robert-mitchell
10 years ago
327 posts

Dave, it's a big relief to see you back and posting! Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about the recovery scare. Rest up and heal up and get back here on a regular basis. It's just not the same without you around here.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

Oh, thank goodness for the pathology results. Great to have you back and you have been in our thoughts and prayers every day. Rest up get ready for the HOF visit on Aug. 16th... Sure hope you can get around by then....

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

Dave, Great to hear from you and glad your on the mend. I know how those set backs can be, I've had a few of my own in the last year. No cancer is great news. Looking forward to you being back on line in the near future.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

Dave, so good to have you back! Please know that your are definitely missed, just not the same with your input. Hope your recovery continues to improve.

Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Wonderful, wonderful news, Dave! Great to see you about and I'm sending more healing thoughts your way. Take care in the coming days and hope to see you next Tuesday or the following Tuesday.

Billy & Barbara Scott
@billy-barbara-scott
10 years ago
52 posts

Hi Dave, so sorry we did not know about your medical problems, but since reading all the symptoms you have been having, it certainly sounds so memorable!!! Haven't been on RR much lately and that's how we missed this. So sorry this happened to you as you are, definitely,at the top of our list of true gentlemen!!

You share all the racing info with everyone and never in anarguing situation about any of your knowledge, in fact; it is believed RR is a betterracing site because of all the information you relate to us!! It would have been an honor to have met you and spent time with you, back in the day. We seemed to have been in the same places, at the same time, with the same people much of the time. Just our loss!!!

Will be prayingfor your recoupment in the future, as we can relate to the swollen leg following surgery, as Barbara suffered several blood clotsat the same time, after removing a knee implant with some of the bone for three months. Very scary to all of us as two clots went into the lung and wasn't expected to survive. Has continued having clots once in a while after doctors took her off Coumadin forother surgeries.

You will be fine Dave, even though you may have to be careful from now on,to eliminate chance of developing any clots. God bless, and with our prayers, comes our love and appreciation for all you are and do for everyone!!

Billy and Barbara Scott

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

How wonderful to see the Dave Fulton name pop up on the Forum today. You take care, my friend, recover completely, and soon, and get back to your full time job of keeping me in line!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jay Coker
@jay-coker
10 years ago
177 posts

Best wishes for a continued and speedy recovery!

Jack Walker
@jack-walker
10 years ago
162 posts

Dave - Everything is sounding positive. Glad to see you back on here.

Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
10 years ago
169 posts

It is great to hear that your are doing better Dave. Congratulations on a great pathology report.

danny whitener
@danny-whitener
10 years ago
47 posts

Dave, Dave, So great to hear you back on the site. Thoughts and prayers have been with you every since we learned of your problems. Sounds like you are coming along good, just dont over do it. Maybe you can keep Tim straight now, he said he needed a bigger SIGN. Take care my friend. Want to hear more of your stories.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

Welcome back Dave. Wish you a speedy recovery to full health.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

I sincerely appreciate all of the kind comments you good folks have sent my way.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"