Wonder Boy (with busted lip) Calls Bad Boy Brad a Little Dip....

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Y'all seen it, folks. The action ain't over till the cars are in the hauler.

Two Texas drivers are bleeding post race while sneaky Kevin Harvick slinks out of sight. Bad Boy Brad is sporting a bloody knot on his forehead, while the Wonder Boy has a bloody lip. The wondrous one on national television calls Keselowski a little dip----.

When they watch the replay, they'll both see it was actually a very sneaky Kevin Harvick shoving Brad from behind and running away, starting the pit road post race melee at Texas this evening. We've seen this Harvick stealth move before. If you're gonna sneak up on somebody and then run like a girl, I think the dip---- label applies to Harvick as well.

The Phoenix grandstands are already sold out... the hillside will be after the Texas shootout on pit road. Like Jimmy Spencer before him, I don't guess Brad planned to invite any of those fellas home to dinner.

Ah, well... Phoenix does lend itself to easy payback.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

And if this dont shake up the list I dont know what will. True this will truly fill the stands in Phoenix and Homestead nothing will.

It will be interesting to see what the Nascar bunch says of this.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

The only thing i saw first is the 24 came down on the 2 but the bad thing i saw was Bad Brad did not have nobody HUG him like little Jeff did LOL

Dave Wager
@dave-wager
10 years ago
25 posts

This is the sleezzy part of this professional sport that I'm not to proud of at all. I'm fully aware thatemotions on the race track trigger brawls like we saw today, but I'm thinking about the exampleit's setting for the young fans that idolize these guys.

Doesn't really separate us much from the stick and ball crowd, now does it?

The irony of this is that I'm actually a Hendrick fan, but in my opinion, Brad K. didn't do anything I wouldn't expect my driver to do going for the win with 3 to go. Given the importance of this race win, if I'm Roger P., I'd be asking questions if he hadn't made that move.

Is Brad's style to careless, too aggressive on the track?

Would the Busch brothers, Clint Boyer, Brian Vickersmade that move??

Would Dale Earnhardt SR.?

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

Kevin starts it and runs off like a little scard rabbit

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

Old Brads OK

Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

Go to a fight and hope a race breaks out.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Not every day you get a good brawl going like that and have a girl reporter in the middle of it. Her first hand view on what went down will be a good one and the video camera thats in the middle the icing on the cake -- off to Phoenix Boys and yall keep mixing the chase points lead up and as Andy Denardi said better watch out for Danica

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Rick was in a huggie mood, wasn't he, Leon? The Captain may have been up on the spotters stand, or maybe he was over at the F-1 race. I watched this in bits & pieces. Did they show Roger on the telecast? I totally missed the news the other week that he had hired Marcos Ambrose to drive Supercars for him.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

The hole opened. They'd have all gone for it.

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

The most bothersome quote from Gordon was the one he spoke of his entitlement. He spoke of his running for the win and a championship. Well, what do you think BRAD was doing Jeff? This wasn't a backmarker doing someone else's dirty work. This wasn't Ernie Irvan racing the leader hard at Darlington - even though he was laps down. The 2 had every bit as much right and responsibility to win that race as the 24 - and he TOO is running for a title. I saw nothing but hard racing on the track.

Afterwards, Jeff made a controlled exit from his car AFTER he parked it by the 2. Pit road officials knew right then the situation could get out of hand. Instead, they let Gordon head towards Brad.

Brad handled the situation well I think. He took Jeff's chirp, shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'that's racing', got his cap and was prepared to walk away for a shower and media responsibilities.

Harvick did pull the Sneaky Pete move and back shoved Brad forward to stir the pot. While there is no question he did so - and no question I laughed when I saw it - the whole situation was avoidable. NASCAR officials are the biggest liars since anyone running for political office (keeping this within ROE). They act as if punches being thrown are over the line - yet aren't willing to own the reality that this scenario could've been avoided from the time the 24 stopped on pit road. Ratings are down, interest is not where the beach suits expected it to me, and they're willing to allow a bit of fake drama to be injected. But again, if they truly wanted to prevent it they could have as Gordon came down pit road following the cool down lap.

In the end, Gordon, his entitlement beliefs and the hugging con should just move on down the line.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Well said Chase. Well said. Catch The Legend's thoughts on all this tomorrow on Racing Through History. Held off writing the Legendtorial last night to allow myself to calm down, but it is underway as we (speak), 8:20 a.m. Monday.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

I think the Legendtorials are much more interesting when your blood pressure is elevated! Give 'em all heck, Tim, especially NASCAR for letting it play out just as Chase described above. They got what they wanted. We're talking.

--
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

There's not a 'right or wrong' answer IMO.....if one's ever driven a race car, in a race......those situations develop. A glimmer of a 'hole'. Do I go for it, or not? If it works, it works. Hero or zero, or both. Only one car is likely to emerge from these encounters, and both my crash. Every race driver has to make his own decision when the moment happens. The entire territory is not rationale, either. Dale Sr. made a living of such maneuvers, became a legend, bigger than Elvis. Fans could NOT get enough of it. But that driving style has not seemed to transfer to anyone else: 'Jaws' Waltrip the Bush brothers, Lagano, and now Brad, all are triggering the "Boo!" response on driver intro's.

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts
I don't blame Gordon for being upset; he had a good finish going. But Keselowski did nothing wrong by trying to shoot the gap. If Jeff is upset with anyone, it should be NASCAR. That caution when he was leading the field in the final laps was unnecessary. I saw at least two cautions for spun cars that went to the apron without hitting anything and rejoined the field.NASCAR intentionally manipulated the end of that race because they wanted Keselowski to create controversy by pushing the limits to get the lead. And like Chase said, as soon as Brad and Jeff collided, they knew there would would be an incident after the race and they had plenty of time to stop it. If that's what they need to keep people from changing the channel, then fine; but there shouldn't be any fines, probations or penalties.
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

Agree, Andy, that Clint Bowyer caution was not necessary. He scraped the wall a few times, never spinning or stopping. NASCAR, rather than checking for debris, etc. etc. instantly threw the yellow. Flour laps to go, Brad K. lining up 3rd.........

Dave Wager
@dave-wager
10 years ago
25 posts

Where the crap would have really hit the fan is if Jamie Little would have got dragged into that and possibly caught a punch or two.

Just think about the national news coverage and black eye Nascar would have with that.

Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
10 years ago
242 posts

That brought me back to the old days at the Wilson County Fairgrounds in the early 50s.
Curtis Turner taught me one thing, keep your helmet on.
A tire iron, will bounce offa helmet!.

Bill Godlewski
@bill-godlewski
10 years ago
16 posts

Who are they kidding, if it was Gordon or Harvick presented with the same position as Brad, they would have done the same thing.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

Wise words from 'Pops' there Jim. :) I wish all the new fans of the sport that keep harping on about how fights like at Texas are bad for the sport's image and professionalism knew that it was always like this until the PC brigade came in and started trying to 'clean up' the sport in the last decade or so.